🚨5🚨

"Welcome to my apartment" Taehyung opened the front door and walked in.
Jungkook walked in and looked around.
"It's looks so big but so homey and comforting" Jungkook smiled.
"I'm glad, come this way. You have your own bathroom so take a shower and i'll come back with a medical kit and some clothes for you" Taehyung said as he showed the boy the room.
"Thank you Tae" Jungkook smiled and walked in to the room.

Jungkook walked into the bathroom to take a quick shower. As he stripped his clothes off he saw himself in the mirror. He was covered in black soot, and blood. Both his blood and others. He looked at himself and realised that this was what he would be witnessing continuously, when he becomes a real fire fighter. He shook his head softly and had his shower. He walked out with a towel wrapped around his waist and saw the clothes at the end of the bed. He dressed quickly into the white over sized top and black joggers, which were also quite big on him. He had his towel on his head as he tried drying his hair.

"Are you done?" Taehyung asked.
"Yeah I am" Jungkook called back.
Taehyung walked in wearing fresh clothes and was holding a medical kit.
"Take a seat" Taehyung pointed to the bed and he followed afterwards.
"How are you feeling?" Taehyung asked pulling the boys arm into his lap.
"I'm okay" Jungkook sighed, feeling almost comforted by the other.
"How was being a hero?" Taehyung questioned, softly rubbing over the cuts which were on his arms.
"I'm not sure, I didn't really think of it. It was different. In the practice runs we've done, I never really knew how to think. But when I was helping the people out of the bus, my mind was a blank slate. I saw the child, my heart felt sympathy but my mind just told me to keep going. It was terrifying" Jungkook admitted.

"It's not easy, and it'll take a while to get used to! In all honesty, what you just experienced will probably stick with you. You were completely thrown into the deep end, it was a real life event, without the equipment and gear you're used to. As scary as it seems you're in a much better place than all your classmates. You've experienced the real life pressure and witnessed the heat first hand. Now you've done that, you will be able to achieve much more" Taehyung spoke, pressing the plaster onto the worst cuts.

"I don't really get along with my classmates. They find me irritating because apparently i'm too good. They hate how i'm always the quickest person to do the job. They hate how I know all the answers all the time. They hate how I know what to do in every situation. They also hate how I don't cry when seeing burnt bodies" Jungkook huffed, laying back facing the ceiling.
"Seriously, I really don't understand how they can hate you. They should be happy for you not hating on you because of their jealousy. They won't get far if they can't work as a team. Also although that's great that you don't cry when seeing burnt bodies, however it's okay to feel emotion. Being a firefighter you will witness things which is psychologically damaging, and although we don't cry during the fire, once we get out the building or go home, that's when you fall apart,. So it's okay to cry"

"I know. Well today was my first time crying for over 15 years. I don't even know why I cried. It was like everything I've wanted to cry about all came at once. It just shocked me that I actually saved people" Jungkook was still in shock.
Taehyung leaned back and laid down next to him, looking up at the ceiling as well.
"Well maybe that you've now cried once maybe you'll cry again soon depending how your life goes. Just don't think crying is a bad thing, especially being a firefighter, if you struggle with something you've witnessed during your job, the fire brigade supply therapists who specialise specifically for firefighters. But you better get used to the feeling of being a hero, it's the best feeling ever" Taehyung laughed gently.

"Thank you for this Tae, thank you for everything"
"No problem, you can stay here for as long as you need"
"I'll call my apartment complex for a new key, and i'll ring the academy as well about getting a new ID"
"Take your time, there's no rush. So how many fire brigades did you apply for?" Taehyung asked.
"3, but I really hope I get accepted at Bighit" Jungkook smiled.
"I'll put in a good word to the chief don't you worry" Taehyung smiled.
"You don't need to do that, I appreciate it though"
"I have a lot of respect for you. A lot of trainees would have had a huge meltdown when being faced with fire like that. The thought of the fact that people's lives were at stake, frighten them and they chicken out. Which is understandable, but if they can't deal with pressure there is no way you can be a firefighter"

The two had a long conversation and got along so well. They both had complimentary personalities and they clicked straight away. Jungkook asked questions about the firefighter life and Taehyung asked about the trainee life. But the night became later and they were growing more tired. Taehyung stood up and noticed the boy had already fallen asleep. The elder smiled at the boy softly and moved him so he was under the duvets. Taehyung reached out his hand and ruffled the boys hair, moving it out of his face.

Jungkook moved his face, scrunching up his nose, before reaching out to a pillow and pulled it close to his chest. Taehyung chuckled and moved away from the bed. He turned off the light and pulled the door shut.
"Goodnight hero"