🚨33🚨

Jungkook ran out of the building so fast, making everyone watch them. He and the other two grabbed their helmets and threw them off and to the floor. They removed the burning hot gloves from their hands. Cheering and claps were heard from other firemen when they emerged from the burning building. But that didn't matter, their ears blocked out all noise. Jungkook was the first to fall to his knees and cry. He cried. It wasn't because he was weak, he had just witnessed over 40 lifeless casualties different ages, in that building of terror.

The other two ran off, probably to the portable toilets to throw up after everything they just saw. Everyone had different reactions but they were all feeling the same things.

-

Taehyung had been nervously waiting to see Jungkook again. He was told that Jungkook was in the group which was to do the dirty work and check the top floors. His heart was beating rapidly as he had heard people sobbing about their experiences to their friends. Taehyung had never witnessed anything as to what they were claiming. He couldn't imagine what Jungkook was going through.

Not long later he heard a radio bleep three times, made by one of the three to show that all three were making their way back. Tae's heart relaxed for a second but it didn't last long as he didn't know what Jungkook's mental state was going to be like.

Long minutes later he heard loud footsteps and people cheering and clapping when people ran out the door. Tae looked towards the front door from the distance and saw the door open with three people running out, and throwing their equipment to the floor in a hurry. Tae saw Jungkook and quickly ran towards him. He watched how the other two ran off while Jungkook fell to the floor when he was a safe distance from the building.

As he ran closer he could hear the boys cries. Tae powered over and dropped to the floor next to Jungkook. He wrapped his arms around the boy and pulled him into his chest.
"Shhhh you're safe" Tae spoke to the boy to show him who it was.
Jungkook recognised the voice and began crying harder, while throwing himself into Tae's hold.

"It was a-awful" Jungkook wailed, hugging Taehyung as tight as he could.
"Shhh I know baby I know" Tae held the back of the younger's head as he cried in the crook of Tae's neck.
He knew that he didn't know, and Tae felt bad that he could utter such lies to Jungkook, but he didn't know what else to say.

Tae didn't want to move, he knew that even if he were to move an inch, Jungkook would just cling and tighten his grip. One of the chiefs which was working alongside Tae, walked over. He looked down with sympathy, when he saw the fireman fully suited up covered in soot, crying his eyes out in Tae's hold.

"Mr Kim, you and your men are free to go. All the casualties have been accounted for, and there's only a small amount of fire left. You've already been here 5 hours so go and rest. Thanks for you and your men's help" He said patting Tae's shoulder before walking off.
"Come on baby lets go home" Tae rubbed the boys back softly before trying to pull away from Jungkook's tight hold.
But as soon as he did so Jungkook started screaming again, wailing for Tae not to leave him.

"I'm not going anywhere bub, but we need to leave this place" Taehyung rocked them back and forth to calm the boy down again.
"I promise I won't go anywhere baby. We need to get you out of you suit and then we can hug in the truck" Taehyung sighed anxiously ruffling the younger's hair.
"Please Koo" Taehyung begged softly, he was thinking about this for the boys sake instead of his own.
After some more convincing Jungkook finally came around.

Jungkook finally parted and loosened his grip around Tae's neck. They slowly stood up with Jungkook still holding the elders hands. Jungkook was violently shaking, with his face covered with tears, but looked so lifeless at the same time. Jungkook slowly looked down and noticed he was still in the huge fire suit.
"Here let's get this off, it's probably heavy" Tae whispered to the younger, using his spare hand to undo the suit.

Jungkook stepped out of the clothing and was finally in just his cargo trousers and black shirt.
Jungkook kept his head down the whole time, with his eyes squeezed shut.
"Come here baby" Taehyung chimed with such fragility.
Jungkook waddled closer still not looking up, which Tae made him but his lip with worry.
Tae held Jungkook's arms and guided them to his neck. While he then moved his own hands to the younger's thighs and lifted him from the ground. Jungkook tightly held onto him while Tae bent down and picked up the younger's suit.

Tae wrapped one arm under the younger's butt while the other held the suit, and fianlly walked off. Jungkook had his head shoved in the boys neck with his eyes tightly shut so he couldn't see the building as Tae walked to the truck. Tae noticed that the rest of their group were waiting patiently in the truck for the couple. Tae made eye contact with them all, and shook his head to the side, to show that Jungkook wasn't in the right state of mind.

Tae walked to the truck door and opened it. Tae threw the suit into the truck which Namjoon quickly grabbed and moved off the seat.
"Don't let go" Jungkook mumbled before Tae could even suggest letting go so they could get into the truck safely.
"I'm not going to baby" Tae reassured, before carefully getting into the truck.
He sat on the seat comfortably with Jungkook on his lap.
"Are you comfortable?" Taehyung asked, as he didn't know if his legs were being squished.
"Y-yeah" Jungkook sniffed with his lips ghosting over Tae's skin as he spoke.

He ride back to the station was quiet, very quiet. The only sound was a few small coughs, sniffles from Jungkook. It was uncomfortable and awkward. But none of them could form some sort of conversation which wouldn't hurt the younger more than he was already. They wanted to ask the younger about what it was like on the inside and ask what he had to do. But it was evident that Jungkook was in pure pain, and the time wasn't ready.