𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔬𝔫𝔢; 𝔭𝔞𝔤𝔢 𝔬𝔫𝔢

Quick thing, there is a playlist you can listen to for this book! I do recommend listening to it because its what I listen to while writing for this story!

Also, heads up. There will be major character death, cursing, angst, mentions of past abuse, and other trigger warning mentioned in this book. I will be putting a tw at the top of every chapter so you know a small bit of what to expect. Enjoy!
------------------------------------------------------

I jumped through the stained glass window of the old church, shouts and the sound of iron and chainmail clanging together as guards chased me. I landed on my feet, immediately tucking my arms into my chest and rolling forward to keep my weight from breaking my legs. My knee pressed against the dirt as I heard more glass shattering behind me, Solar copying my prior movements.

He held a bag against his chest, turning his head towards me. Our silent conversation only consisted of a nod as we heard the sound of the guards growing near. In sync, we stood and took off running. People often said when we were young that our agility and speed could never be rivaled, not once did those people think we'd use it to become thieves. Shame, really. Some people will never understand the thrill of almost getting caught. As we approached the forest, I held my hand out. Making a split motion with my pointer and middle finger, earning a nod from Solar in return. As we got into the forest, we ran in two different directions off the path. Successfully confusing the guards, making them stop and look around.

"DON'T JUST STAND THERE, YOU BABBLING BUFFOONS! FIND THEM, THE KING WILL HAVE OUR HEADS IF THEY GET AWAY AGAIN!" one of them shouted. I giggled a bit as I kept running, glancing to the other side of the path just outside the shrubbery, seeing Solar running. He turned his head towards me and made a gesture to the path with his head. Practically reading his mind, I nodded. Dodging low handing branches and jumping over tree stumps, as well as small bushes, as I ran. Redirecting myself towards the cleared path in the middle, seeing Solar doing the same in the corner of my eye. We met in the middle, running next to each other with speed that could rival a cheetah. My calves burned from running so much, but I had to. Sometimes I wondered why I began to steal along side Solar, we could've gotten a job as bakers. We loved baking.

We eventually slowed, seeing the faint glow of torches in the distance. As we approached a clearing surrounded by thick foliage and trees, we sighed. Finally, we where home. On top of a small hill laid a small stone cottage, warm lights coming from the inside and a small brown fence surrounding it. As we approached the gate, the round mahogany door swung open revealing a tall figure, the light from inside seeping out behind them. Half of their body white, the other half black. Their green and red eyes shone with excitement as their eyes laid on Solar and I. Their white button up and dark brown trousers seemingly shining in the moonlight.

"Y/N, SOLAR! YOU'RE HOME!" Ranboo shouted, excitement evident in his voice as he laughed a bit. He rushed towards the gate, swinging it open and pulling the two of us into a group hug. I suddenly remembered why I started this life, I could tell Solar did too as he buried his face in the taller males chest. It was to provide for Ranboo, bakers didn't make much money. Stealing did. Winter was closing in, the cold nipped at our skin as the moonlight shone down on us. We did this to provide for Ranboo, watching him grow from the moment we found him abandoned in an alley brought us a sense of joy.. He's A good kid, his parents left him at only 2, so we made a silent vow from that moment on that we'd take care of him. We where only 5 and 6 ourselves, but we knew we had to take care of him.

"Did you get it? Are you hurt? Are you hungry? You !just be tired, come on get inside and sit down! I made mushroom soup!" Ranboo bombarded us with questions as he pushed us inside. I laughed at his enthusiasm.