𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔬𝔫𝔢; 𝔭𝔞𝔤𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢

If you don't like swords or slight angst, I don't think you'll like this chapter 👀
-------------------------------------------------------------

Carrying so many things was tough, definitely made me tired.
But as the salty air of the ocean filled my lungs and the sound of waves crashing against boats surrounded me, I was glad I came here. My favorite thing about this city was that it was built just outside of a forest, but right against the ocean. The large docks held houses, shops, and ships alike. Children ran past me, chasing each other with sticks they found.

All and all, this side of town was more peaceful.
And also had more of what I needed. I had already gotten the coat for Ranboo, meats, potion ingredients, and a scarf for Solar. There was a specific tailor down here that sold coats in Solar's size, which was surprising. Solar was very skinny, and I mean very. I was surprised I didn't have to make a custom coat for him every other winter.
As I wondered, I noticed a ship I hadn't seen before. Canons adorning the sides, a common thing around here. Pirates roamed these waters.

The crew among it all wore similar clothes. Dirty, kind of torn shirts, mostly in cream or what used to be white, and brown trousers. Some of them wore vests, but the one thing they all had was what worried me.
They all had swords on their hips, all sheathed of course, but they had swords. And judging by their attire, they weren't sent by the king to collect taxes.

As if on cue, a shout of words I couldn't make out sent them all into a fury of work. Doing god-knows what with the ropes and running about the deck.
I didn't want to stay for long, any moment now they could decide to rob the entire city and I did not want to be there for it.
I continued down the docks, quickly entering the tailors with a sigh. The man who ran the shop, Eret, always dressed as a king. Claiming he was a king at some point, but left his position to live a simple life.
He could sense my presence from a mile away.

"Afternoon, Y/N. I've been expecting you around this time, why so tense? Almost get caught by the guards?" His tone was comforting, but playful. He knew about Solar and I, we had helped steal something for him. Didn't know what it was or why he wanted it, seeming as it was in a silk bag the entire time, but he was very grateful and paid us 30 silver coins. Quite worth it, if you ask me.

"Eret, have you gone outside today?" I asked, fear and worry laced in my tone. Looking at his sunglasses from across the room, I could practically see his aura change.

"what do you mean, 'have I gone outside today'? of course, but only for a brief moment. Why, is there something out there that spooked you?" His voice was one of concern as he made his way towards me

"Eret.. There are pirates docked outside." I said, my voice just barely above a whisper as I spoke.. His whole body froze, slowly turning towards me. The entire town knew what happened when pirates arrived. It was either hide or appease them. Especially with the new rumors of the man known as the 'pirate king' roaming about in the nearby waters.

"Y/N, you're here for a new coat for Solar, correct?" Before I could even reply, Eret spoke once more
"Take it and be on your way, your safety is more important than pay. You need to protect Ranboo, if these are the pirates I think they are, they'll know about it." if what he's saying is true... I don't know what would happen. Ranboo would most likely be taken and sold off as merchandise. Solar and I would be turned in to the king and beheaded for our crimes. I couldn't let that happen.

I didn't even bother to argue, doing as Eret said. Taking the coat he handed me and leaving, exchanging worried glances before we left.
I was so busy thinking about getting home and protecting Ranboo and Solar, I didn't even notice someone was in front of me until I bumped into them.
I didn't even bother looking up at them, I just pulled Phil's hat over my head more and stepped back. My gaze on the ground.