𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔬; 𝔭𝔞𝔤𝔢 𝔱𝔴𝔬

Started: 9/13/2022, 12:29pm
Updated: 10/24/2022, 6:44pm
Finished on: 10/25/2022, 9:56pm

IM SO SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG, I REWROTE THIS CHAPTER LIKE 20 TIMES AFTER PROCESSING TECHNOBLADE'S DEATH CAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW IF IT WAS RIGHT TO START WRITING THIS AGAIN-
I definitely didn't leave it for over a month while I tried to write in a google doc to figure out how to do this page..

______________________________________________________________

"Last night we ended up travelling much further than expected, we can see the city on the horizon now and there are tons of ships coming and going from its port. I had an odd dream, though. Sven found us in it, and he destroyed the ship and what was left of the crew. I watched Ranboo drown, teleporting all over the place uncontrollably and screaming as his skin was burned off by the water. I watched Sven impale Solar and toss him off the boat to drown. I woke up before I could see what came of Phil, Tomathy, Wilbur, and Technoblade. I don't wanna know what my dreams think will happen to them.."

I put my quill in the center of my journal and closed it, shoving my journal into my vest instead of my bag. That nightmare, the screams, the fire and blood, it all felt so real. It still feels real, in some odd way.
I had to stop thinking about this, before I willed it into existence. I turned around and noticed Ranboo attempting to help clean someones vomit from the deck without touching the water, the crewmember who he was attempting to help ― who's name was Zaia ― was teasing him with the bucket of water. They dipped their fingers into the water and flicked it at Ranboo, who panicked almost fell over the edge. Wilbur, who was standing nearby, caught him before he could fall and pat him on the back once he was stable. I chuckled softly as Zaia threw gloves at Ranboo so he could help without worrying about the water burning him.

I made my way towards the bowsprit, climbing the steep stairs was making my ass bigger since I had to basically do squats to get up them. Once I was up, I leaned against the shrouds and stared at Saint Quinoa in the distance. We would be there by sundown, most likely before it set completely with these winds. A hand placed itself on my shoulder and before I could even process it, I had grabbed the wrist attached to it and flung them in front of me. The persons body hung over the side of the ship and I used mine so they wouldn't be able to escape, trapping their arm between their back and my front.

"Nice to know you still have those instincts I taught you" They said, wings shuffling uncomfortably against me. I quickly let Phil go and backed away, he stood up straight and cracked his back with a grunt as he turned towards me.

"Shit, sorry Phil" I coughed out. Phil waved his hand, nonverbally saying it was all good, as he tried to fix his posture.
"I'm just glad you're reflexes are still on point, mate. Don't worry about me" He said, kicking up a staff-like cane and catching it before it could fall on the floor again. "Next time, just don't bend me over the side of the ship" He joked, offering me a playful look before standing in a more formal position. I subconsciously stood straighter and taller, holding my hands behind me.

"y/n, we'll be docking at 6pm. I heard from our contact and he's prepared a carriage to retrieve you, Solar, and whoever else you choose to take with you. You can, comfortably, fit four other people in the carriage with you and Solar. The max is 8 other people, but you'd have to all squish together. I already talked to Solar and he wants to leave it up to you, so let me know in advance if you want anyone to be there." Phil said in a formal voice, his accent thicker.
"Phil, I already have a few people in mind." I started, Phil raised his brow and waited for me to continue, "I want Ranboo and Tomathy to come with, if things go bad on the ship after we leave they need to be safe. They're still kids, and I want them to be safe. I also want you to come, you need to be protected and the contact might not trust us if you're not there." I finished, twisting a ring I wore around my finger nervously. Phil might not want to come with us, but he needs a break from the ocean for a bit. Phil relaxed his posture and nodded.

"Good choices, Mate. I'll go tell Ranboo and Tommy to pack up their essentials, I'll have to do the same if you really want me to come." He smiled at me, a gesture which I returned. Phil came closer and started fixing my shirt, doing a button I missed and pulling my vest down so I was more comfortable. I sighed as he continued to preen me, licking his thumb and wiping away some dirt on my face. I pulled back in disgust and swatted his hand away.
"Okay, okay, I can get it myself" I said as I wiped my cheek with the frilly sleeves on my shirt. Phil started fixing how my sleeves lay around my wrist and made a small noise of frustration when he noticed a hole in the fabric.

"I need to get Eret to fix that before you go, you need to change so he can fix it. Go change and bring me that shirt, I'll put it in your bag before you leave. You need to shower, too, so I'll just grab it while you're in the shower. Go, gogo" Phil rambled, turning me around and pushing me towards the stairs so I can go clean up.
"okay, okay, I'm going I'm going" I laughed and made my way down the stairs and under the deck to go do as I was told, knowing that Phil was always like this when he was nervous and the best thing to do was to just do whatever he said to. 

When I entered the room the crew had dubbed as the 'wet room', steam filtered out of the room and hit me like a waft of the nasty scent of Ranboo and Solar's socks after a successful day of getting them to work in the gardens. the steam was much more pleasant than that awful stench I had to do when I did the washing and one of the others did the hanging for me. Its why Solar was assigned the designated washer last year, that and he would always fuss about the way I washed his shirts. said I was being 'too rough' with them or something.
As I stepped into the room and went off to the side-room to get undressed and heat some water on the stove, I heard someone humming a tune. Instead of taking a bath, I decided to just wash my hair and body in here and call it a day. I can soak when we get a hotel room or something.. or just when we find fresh water. On land. After washing my body, I put my puffy shirt back on and draped a towel around my neck so I didn't get it too wet. I poured the, now mostly cooled, water over my head to wet my hair, I haven't looked in a mirror in a while so I have no idea exactly how much of it I have at this point, and rubbed the bar of soap between my hands to get enough for my head. Scrubbing my scalp while hunched over definitely hurt my back and will effectively give me a bit of a slouch for the rest of the day, but its worth it for hygiene. Nobody really cares like hygiene like I do, most of the time Ranboo doesn't even shower twice—let alone once—a week. As I went to pour the water over my head, I heard water slosh around and the sound of wet footsteps approach the room I was in.

"Oh, let me help with that." the person said, coming closer and taking the pot out of my hand to carefully pour it over my head and rinse the soap away. "now, why did you decide to wash in here? there's a whole designated room for washing out there." The person said, scolding me like a mother. I just laughed a bit and waited for them to give me the go-ahead to lift my head.

"Well, I didn't want to disturb you. I didn't really know who was in there and most of the crew isnt fond of me, so I didn't expect it to go over well if I did" I stated, turning around and facing them. She was wrapped in a towel that contrasted her dark skin, all the while making her white locks stand out even more. She offered me a bright smile and messed with my hair for a bit.

"Well, fuck those other people. Most of this crew are good-for-nothing, lazy, bitches who have nothing good to do other than hating on someone for no good reason." She said, grabbing the towel from my shoulders and rubbing it on my head to my hair would dry faster.
"I'm Gracie Ferne Newbery, by the way. Sailing Master and Boatswain, I know what you're thinking. 'wow, Gracie, those are two really important jobs! why do you have both?' and Imma answer that question before you even ask it. Captain isn't fond of people, so he gave me both jobs so he doesn't have more people to talk to about things." Gracie stated, still drying me off. She was already being much sweeter to me than anyone else has been so far.

Gracie stood up straight and tossed me a towel before walking to the other side of the room where a bag, i could only presume was hers, laid. she started digging through the bag while stood and put the rest of my clothes back on. it was awkward, like staring at someone while pissing in a cup or something. right when I finished tying my shoes, Gracie shrieked and ran behind me.

"What, is everything okay?" I asked, turning towards her and grabbing her shoulders in an attempt to calm her down.

"There's a spider, other there" She said and pointed towards her bag she had just been digging in. I nodded slowly and turned to see what she was talking about. Low and behold, there was a spider just sittin there. staring at us. I went to move closer and it turned and booked it out of the room as if it was dancing to a song. I stopped for a moment and just stared at the doorway in a stunned silence before blurting out the first thing to come to my mind..

"Am I on drugs or did that spider just run to the beat of Cotton Eyed Joe?" I said, frowning my brows in confusing as I made my way towards the door to look for the lil bugger, but it was gone. it vanished into thin air. Gracie snuck behind me and poked her head out too.

"What's Cotton Eyed Joe? Y'know what, never mind I dont think I wanna know.." She said, turning around and getting dressed rather quickly before leaving me with a pat on the back and a quiet swear that she'll never shower in there again as she exited the room.
What a peculiar spider..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 1932

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH, I'M SO SORRY IF THAT WAS SHORT THIS IS MEANT TO BE A LITTLE BIT OF FILLER BEFORE THE REAL FUN BEGINS. DON'T ASK WHAT THAT MEANS, I DONT REALLY KNOW YET..

ANYWAY. I REALIZED I HAVENT REALLY BROUGHT ANY BIPOC CHARACTERS INTO THE BOOK YET AND I WANTED TO CHANGE THAT, PLUS I JUST WANTED TO MAKE A NEW CHARACTER, SO ENJOY GRACIE!
If you have any tips on how I can improve on her character, maybe change her design a bit in the future and stuff, let me know. message me, leave a post on my page, or leave a comment. Best way for me to see your recommendations for her is via message or post on my page cause I dont check comments as often anymore.

Oh, btw its raining as I'm posting this. I am very excited about that.

Thank you for reading!

This is me signing off,

𝒮𝒶𝓉𝒶𝓃.