✿ t. inumaki - communication

You sat on the stone steps beside Inumaki. He waved at you with an eye smile as part of his uniform had covered his mouth.

You waved back. "Hey, Inumaki." You said smiling at the grey-haired boy.

You and Inumaki had recently become closer— although it was hard to communicate with him, you guys had started texting and you had gotten to know more about him. Over time you had began to develop feelings for him.

A question had popped into your head. "Hey Inumaki?"

"Tuna mayo?" He said turning his head towards you with curious eyes.

"Do you know any other ways of communicating with people, like sign language?"

He shook his head."Bonito flakes."

"I actually know a little sign language. Would you want me to teach you?"

"Salmon." He said nodding his head seeming intrigued.

(a/n): the sign language will be asl, also the sign language will be in italics!

~

You started off with the basics of teaching him the alphabet.

"Okay now this is P." You said holding up the sign for the letter P with your hand.

Inumaki nodded trying to recreate the hand position you had made. "Tuna tuna?"

His middle and ring finger were out of place. You brought your hand up to his—moving his middle and
ring finger in the correct position. "There we go, like this!"

You moved your eyes up from his hand to his face. There was a noticeable blush on his face. "S-salmon!" He said , his eyes squeezing shut while quickly nodding his head up and down as his heart was racing from your touch.

~

You had taught Inumaki the basics, the alphabet, greetings, goodbyes, basic phrases like "how are you?" and "thank you."

"Wow you're a quick learner! Good job." You smiled at him.

"Thank you." He signed, the sides of his mouth curving into a smile.

"You're welcome." You signed back, smiling back at him.

"Now we can sorta have a secret way of communicating and nobody would know what we're talking about." You joked.

His eyes lit up. "Tuna tuna!"

~

It had been a few weeks of you teaching him sign language. You didn't know much sign language so after a while you both started learning it together.

You felt special knowing that only you and Inumaki knew sign language and that you both could communicate without anyone else understanding what you two were talking about. But it also occurred to you that his friends would probably start to learn it too since Inumaki was learning it. You knew that this feeling of being special would fade soon but you were happy that he could have another way of being able to communicate with the people around him other than onigri ingredients.

You also knew that you could still feel somewhat special since you had been the one that taught and learned sign language with him.

You were lying on your bed scrolling through your phone when you suddenly heard a knock at your door. "Coming!"

You checked the time on your phone realizing it was  4:30 p.m. and you and Inumaki had planned to learn sign language together at this time.

You opened your door and were met with the violet eyes of the silver-haired boy. "Hey, come in!" You gestured at him to come in.