✿ n. kugisaki - feelings

"So [name], do you like anyonee?" The orange-haired girl asked teasingly.

"Maybe, maybe not." You joked.

"Who is it? Is it Megumi? Itadori? Inumaki?" She asked eagerly.

"It's a secret!" You teased.

What else could you have said? You didn't have feelings for Megumi, Itadori, or Inumaki. She was the one you admired. She was the one that made your heart race every time your eyes had met hers. She was the one that you yearned for. The one that you wished to be with and to be loved by.

"Aww c'mon [name], why won't you tell me?" She asked, playfully grabbing a hold of you.

"Because I said so!" You laughed.

If you weren't able to be her lover, you were at least able to be her best friend. That's all you cared about. As long as you had Nobara in some certain way, you were grateful. You just wanted to see a smile on her face, for her to be happy. Even if it wasn't with you.

~

You weren't sure what to do, so you decided to ask Megumi for advice. You weren't able to go to your best friend about your problems because this problem so happened to be about her.

"Megumi. Can we talk please, I need your help." You said.

"What's wrong [name]?" He said, a look of concern spread across his face.

You looked around seeing if anyone was around the two of you. Seeing that the coast was clear, you took hold of his arm and lead him to your room.

"This way. I need to talk to you privately." You said and you opened the door to your room.

"O-okay.." He said as he was brought to your room.

You sat down on your bed, patting down to the spot next to you. He nervously sat next to you on your bed, not knowing what serious talk you needed to have.

"What do you think about people who like the same gender as them?" You suddenly asked.

His eyes slightly widened. "Oh. I don't see any problems with it. I support them. Love is love, right?" He said assuringly.

"Right.." You stared at the floor, gathering up the courage to tell one of your best friends that you liked another girl.

"Is it Nobara?"

"Huh?" You were surprised at his sudden question.

Did he know?

"It's okay, you don't have to answer if you're not comfortable [name]."

"Just know that I'm always here to support you. I care a lot about you. You're one of the few people I feel like I can actually trust. You're one of my best friends." He reassured you— it made you feel more comfortable and confident in telling him.

"It is Nobara. I...I have really strong feelings for her.. I don't know what to do about them. I'm just really scared, you know.."

Megumi put his hand on your shoulder as he noticed you were slightly trembling.

"Hey.. it's okay. If you like her then you like her. There's nothing wrong with it. If you want to tell her how you feel, go for it. I doubt your relationship with her would end if you were to tell her. Nobara is an understanding person. It's okay to be scared [name]... but sometimes you just have to take that big step in life. It can be scary but once you've taken that big step, there'll be more to come. So you just have to keep pushing through and through until you reach to the top. I believe in you." He gave you a soft smile.