❀ m. zenin - be or be with

requested by: kawatalover

You made your way outside after hearing the voices of your classmates

You made your way outside after hearing the voices of your classmates. Stepping outside, you saw the first and second years watching Maki and Itadori sparring.

"Don't go easy on me now." Maki said, suddenly looking up at you, the two of you making eye contact as you sat down next to Nobara.

"I'm not, you're literally of about to break my arm!" Itadori yelled out, causing her to let go of him.

"Oh, oops. My bad." She said.

"Are you okay Itadori?" You asked.

"Mustard leaf." Inumaki said, also concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine! Looks like Maki got distracted for a second by a certain someone." He wriggled his eyebrows at you.

"No." You solemnly said, pushing his face away.

"Are you going to spar with Maki too?" Megumi asked.

"Yeah, I've never seen you spar with any of the second years before, [name]." Nobara added in.

"I don't know.. I don't really-"

"Maki! [name] wants to spar with you!" Itadori shouted over to Maki, causing her to look over at you.

You were a bit hesitant to spar with her. It wasn't that you didn't have an experience in sparring, you just couldn't help but feel nervous about sparring with Maki. You would be lying if you said you were bad at sparring.

"Well what are you waiting for?" Maki asked, motioning you to come over to her.

Quickly, you got up making your way over to her. "You ready?" She asked. You nodded, "Yeah let's go." The both of you got in position before making your moves.

As you two began sparring, you felt something under you leg and was met by the impact of the mat. Quickly opening your eyes, a pair of golden eyes were staring right into yours. You were pinned right under her.

"Looks like I got you." She smirked before getting up from on top of you, brushing her hands against each other.

"So do you-"

Before Maki could finish her sentence, you slung your leg under hers, grabbing her and slamming her back onto the mat. Now you were the one on top and had her pinned down.

"Don't ever let your guard down." You said to her. You could see the look of surprise in her eyes for a small moment.

"Not bad first-year." She said with a small smirk on her face.

"Thanks, you weren't pretty bad either." You chuckled, getting off of her, and lending her a hand. Her hand clasped around yours as you helped her back up.

"We're still here you know, don't forget about us." Itadori said waving his hand in the air.

You walked over towards the three of them while Maki walked over to Inumaki and Panda.

"You guys are gay." Nobara said.

"Shut up." You laughed, pushing her off of you.

"Well, I think she likes you too." Nobara nudged you with her arm, smiling at you.

-

It was late at night and you couldn't sleep. After staring at your ceiling for a an hour, you gave up, leaving your room and going outside. When you went outside you were met by a figure sitting down at the steps.

As your eyes adjusted to the dark again, you realized that the person sitting down was Maki. It was harder to tell since she no longer had her hair up in a ponytail.

"Maki? What're you doing out here so late?" You asked, sitting beside her.

"I could ask you the same." She said.

"I.. couldn't sleep. What about you?" You asked.

"Me too." A small silence filled the atmosphere for a small while.

"I've never seen you with your hair down before..you should wear it like that more often, you look really pretty." You smiled at her.

"Thanks.." She said with a small smile etched onto her face.

"You're pretty good at sparring, you know. You should be my sparring partner." She said.

"U-Uh yeah, I'd love to!"

"Great, let's go again around 6 tomorrow." She said.

You nodded. "Okay."

Silence filled the air once again. It was quiet but it was a comfortable type of quietness. You both just admired the starry night sky together.

"Hey." Maki looked over at you.

"Yeah?" You looked back at her.

Her eyes were fierce and showed her confidence within her. She was strong both physically and mentally, she was someone you looked up to and admired. That was all you had thought of her before your admiration shortly turned into infatuation. You began wishing you were with her rather than wishing to be her. All you wanted was her. Maki Zenin.

"Do you like me?" She asked with an emotionless expression, making it hard to read her.

"H-huh? Why're you asking that?" You quickly replied. You felt your heart pounding and your face growing warmer. Had you made it too obvious?

"Do you like me or not?" She said, keeping eye contact with you.

It was hard to think clearly at the moment but you felt no reason to lie to her. "Yeah.. I do." You said, still maintaining eye contact with her.

"Good." She quickly leaned into you, her lips meeting yours.

Your eyes widened, you were caught by surprise but you didn't hesitate to kiss her back. Your lips continually pressed against hers as she held your face, caressing your cheeks with her thumbs.

As you both pulled away, she smiled at you sweetly. "Goodnight [name]." She said, getting up and walking off to her room, leaving you confused but satisfied.

"Goodnight Maki." You smiled back at her.

[end]

THE SPARING PARTS WERE KINDA BAD I HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT SPARRING TBH but thank you so much for reading :) sorry I haven't been uploading as much, I've been really unmotivated lately and I won't be able to upload as much because of school now but I'l...

THE SPARING PARTS WERE KINDA BAD I HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT SPARRING TBH but thank you so much for reading :) sorry I haven't been uploading as much, I've been really unmotivated lately and I won't be able to upload as much because of school now but I'll do my best to upload as much as I can <3

word count: 994