Tharn: Chapter 3

Type is really something. I couldn't help but chuckle at his antics and the mind-blowing thought process of that boy. He'd spent all this time avoiding me because he didn't know how to act around me once he found out about my sexual preference. I'll admit I was slightly offended at that but the more I spoke to him the more I realised that he didn't mean any harm. He was just inexperienced when it came to sexuality. He admitted to not having been exposed to any sexuality save heterosexuals. So, he had it in his mind that maybe people with different sexualities needed to be dealt with differently. I won't hold that against him, he's pretty open-minded once you explain things to him. I'm glad we had that talk and I could take away any misunderstanding he had regarding his behaviour. He looked quite determined towards the end of our talk.

Currently, he's placing his clothes back into his closet, while occasionally giving random articles little sniffs. Cute.

I take one last glance at his lanky figure before I curl in on myself and drift off to sleep with a small smile on my face.

What I was not prepared was for the way Type decided he was going to make it up to me. He is already up and ready with my towel in his hand when I wake up. He insisted on carrying my plate to the table for breakfast. It felt like Type was overcompensating for his previous behaviour and I try to tell him that he didn't need to change or give me any sort of special treatment and in a very Type like fashion, he leaves me stumped at his words.

"I know, but you have been doing such nice things. I'm not treating you differently. I'm doing this because you're not just anyone."

I don't know how to respond to that. I'm pretty sure my face conveys it all to Type and I'm thinking he'll say something to ease the shock of his words. However, this is Type and the next thing he says is even more surprising.

"I want to meet your boyfriend."

Wow. Just. Wow. Type, giving me whiplash after whiplash. And I've only known the guy for about three days, give or take. I don't know how much more my neck can take before it snaps.

While I try to explain to Type why he should slow down. My mind is running a mile a minute regarding Type's request. Or was it more like a demand?

Tar is a sweet boy and all but he could be very VERY insecure and possessive. Not in an in-your-face way but more in the I-will-make-this-very-hard-for-you-Tharn way. Anytime he felt threatened, I had to spend a lot of time pacifying him and showering him with love and affection before he calmed down. I'd like to believe that Tar has enough faith in me to not be so easily affected when it comes to other people I associate with or even just a random stranger being casually flirty.

However, Type, was a whole other ball game. He's someone I share living quarters with and is quite frankly a very good friend. He also looks like Type.

I love Tar, he's tiny and cute in a cherubic way but that doesn't mean I'm not objective enough to see the clear difference between the two. Type is easily the most beautiful human being I have ever laid eyes on.  I don't know how Tar is going to react once he sees Type in person. I have told him about Type but I haven't described him because I don't think any words in any dictionary in any language will do justice to the beauty that is Type.

Just the idea of Tar seeing Type makes my stomach knot. He looks like a literal angel. With his halo of dark, fluffy, wavy hair over a soft face adorned with perfectly shaped lips and the bambiest of eyes; all held up by that beautifully slender neck.

Yeah, no. Tar's hackles would definitely rise and he would perceive Type to be an immediate and very dangerous threat.

So I try to feed Type some spiel to get him to drop the idea or to at least buy myself some time. I can maybe keep pushing it back. Getting to know each other better first is a good enough excuse at the moment and Type seems to have bought it.

……….

My. Lord. Is this boy persistent. 

I have spent weeks dodging Type's attacks. I'm calling them attacks because I could be doing the most mundane things and just living my life when Type unceremoniously pops in and drops a piece of trivia about me to prove that we know each other better now and that it's time I let him meet Tar. 

So far I have successfully dealt with all of his 'attacks' but I don't know how long I can keep this up.

Type has been studying me and has learnt about all of my small habits, likes and dislikes. It's strange to have a person know things about you without you having to tell them. At this point, Type knows little things about me that I'm not even sure Tar knows of. He's been paying so much attention to me that I sometimes feel so conscious that I just sit at my desk and do nothing so I don't give him more material to study.

He eventually goes to sleep and I walk out into the balcony for my nightly phone call with Tar and maybe a smoke or two.

Just as I hang up the phone I hear Type speak in a slightly loud voice from inside, I thought he was asleep.

He joins me at the balcony and we sit in silence while I smoke my cigarette and stare out at the tree that stands just beside our building. I've stared at this tree every night from the balcony while I'm on call with Tar or just having my smoke. This tree has become a silent witness to my life in this dorm and my relationship. All this time I spent looking at it I always wondered what the tree is called. Since I have Type sitting next to me I decide to ask him if he knows.

He said he doesn't, so I nod my head and go back to looking at it, thinking of a million things, one of them being, "What's your name?" 

Type tries to look it up on Google but comes to the conclusion that it's too dark to tell from the pictures that pop up on his phone.

I try as well but he's right. I guess we'll have better luck in the morning and I tell Type the same.

…..

"It's a Raintree."

Three simple words.

The excitement of finally finding out the name of the tree I've come to see as a friend is only replaced by the realisation that Type is something else. 

Noone has paid any sort of attention to the random things I say sometimes, let alone take the time to indulge me. Though, not Type. He noticed the smallest things and put in the time and effort to prove that he knows me better than I think he does. 

I guess this is enough for me to grant his wish and think of what would make my friend happy instead of what might make my boyfriend insecure. It might not even be as bad as I'm making it out to be. Type is a nice guy and Tar may see that, maybe Tar will even like Type as a person and not turn into a pouty child.

Ah..hell… all I know is that Type has earned the right to meet my boyfriend. He's my friend, my roommate and he will eventually meet Tar and there's no point in delaying what is inevitable.

"I'd like to officially introduce you to my boyfriend." I tell Type with a smile.

He can't seem to hold back his joy when he responds to what I just told him.

He got a little lost in his head for a moment but then he smiled the brightest smile that I've ever seen and left me a little blinded.