Type: Chapter 19

I sat at a table next to the window at the café, shaking my legs under the table expectantly as I waited for Puifai to arrive. My nerves were stretched to their limit because I was trying to think up every way possible to make this work with her. I knew I had to ask her to be my girlfriend as soon as I could so I could solve the little problem I had with Tharn. I thought about if asking her after coffee would be a good idea. I shook my head as I realised that maybe I was rushing it a little so I decided to wait to see how things went.

"Hey! I'm so sorry. My last lecture was extended so I got late," Puifai said, setting her bag down on the table, trying to catch her breath. I chuckled at her state because she was as cute as I remembered her to be. It made me feel like she was the answer to all my problems.

"I didn't know you wanted to see me this bad. I would have contacted you sooner had I known," I said playfully. She narrowed her eyes at me which made her look more cute than menacing.

"I'm docking points for that comment. I might just go back to being faithful to the second person on my list," she said with the same expression.

"I'm sure he won't be able to compete with me so I'm not too worried," I said, smirking. 

"What makes you think that?" She asked as she pulled her brows together into a confused frown. 

"Because you're here right now. With me. I know who you've chosen," I said as I brought my face closer to her, charmingly smiling at her. I could see that blush slowly colouring her face again.

"You're a cocky one, aren't you?" She asked, smiling shyly. 

"If you like it, that's what I'll be. I'm trying to win you over here, aren't I?" I said and her eyes widened as she slowly started smiling. 

I liked her smile a lot. It always seemed to reach her eyes, colouring them with mirth. I could picture being with her, being the reason behind that smile every time. It made me feel somehow happy. 

'You are doing it, Type! Things are finally going to go back to normal with Tharn,' I thought happily as I looked at Puifai browsing the menu. 

We sat and chatted about our majors and our lives in general and it was very pleasant. I really liked her. 

"Here, have a taste of this pastry. It's so good!" She said, bringing her spoon up to my face. I wasn't really a fan of confectionery goods, but I didn't want to offend her so I opened my mouth and took a bite. The taste of chocolate cream invaded my mouth as I winced at the sugariness of the pastry.

"Not a fan?" Puifai asked. I snapped my eyes open to stare at her, realising I had just flinched at something she liked.

"It's good! I just don't like sweet things too much," I said with a sheepish smile. 

"I'll keep that in mind. It's a good thing I forgot to bring you a batch of cookies I had made yesterday," she said. 

"No, I'd love to eat them! I love anything you cook," I said, hearing my voice going high pitch towards the end. She looked at me shocked and then started giggling. I felt a wave of embarrassment washing over me as I slipped a small smile at her.

"I'll make you something you like, but thanks for being so enthusiastic. It's the best compliment I've ever gotten on my cooking without the other person even having tasted what I made," she said jokingly. I smiled at her, still a little embarrassed. 

"My roommate loves sweet things so I can get you a non-biased review on all of your baked goods. I'm sure it'll turn out a lot better than my attempt at a disaster of a chocolate cake that I made him," I said, smiling at the memory of my unfortunate apology token.