Type: Chapter 10

The next few weeks passed by in relative peace. Tharn's personality had done a 180. I no longer caught him sitting dejectedly at the balcony in the middle of the night. He'd just be sleeping peacefully when I woke up in the wee hours of the night sometimes. I was happy to see such a positive change in him. I didn't know he was such a giggly person before. He had started to constantly laugh and smile about everything. It warmed my heart to see him so happy all the time. 

I was lost in thought as I was seated in the balcony after I dried my towel post showering when I heard an excited Tharn run out and sit next to me.

"Type, my band is going to perform at a college festival tomorrow. You want to come? I can finally introduce you to the girls like you wanted me to," he said happily.

My ears perked at the mention of getting to see Tharn on stage again and the prospect of meeting his fangirls. I grinned at him like an idiot.

"Do you even have to mention it, best friend?" I said, landing my hand firmly on his shoulder.

Tharn smiled and shook his head. 

"You're only excited about meeting girls, aren't you?" Tharn said.

"No, I'm excited to see a rockstar-in-the-making performing again. The girls are an added benefit to sweeten the pot," I said grinning at him. 

"You can't fool me with flattery, friend. I know you too well now," he said.

"Okay, you caught me. I'm in it for the girls," I said nodding my head. I did want to see Tharn perform again but the prospect of meeting girls had me feeling giddy. 

"We'll go on at 1 PM. It's a Thursday afternoon so you'll have to skip class," he said.

"I have perfect attendance. Missing one day of lectures won't matter," I said, thinking about what I should wear. Tharn just shook his head again and chuckled watching me lost in thought.

-

On the day of the festival, I walked into the college with Techno after flashing our badges that Tharn had got for us. I felt a sense of pride at that because it felt like we were a part of a celebrity's entourage, which may come true someday because I knew that Tharn was destined for greatness. Techno decided to come with me when he heard that Tharn was going to introduce me to girls and Champ, in Champ fashion, decided to skip class too, but for a food festival happening in the outskirts of the city.

"Oh, my god! There are so many girls in this college! Why didn't I just take admission here?" Techno said looking at the crowd of people milling about the brightly decorated festival grounds.

"They could all be attendees at the festival, Techno. You don't know that they all actually attend this college," I said, trying to pull him out of his ridiculous thinking. I always assumed I was the girl-crazy one amongst our group of friends but Techno soon made me realise that he left me miles behind in that competition. 

"I didn't think of it that way. Anyway, when is Tharn performing?" Techno asked, eyeing the booths around. 

"He said they go on at 1," I said, glancing around to look for the stage. 

"Oh, then we have about an hour before we need to get there. Let's take a stroll around the booths till then," he said as he bee lined towards the booth with the biggest crowd of girls. 

I shook my head as I followed him. We arrived at the booth to see that it was a picture booth where you could take pictures with good looking guys. I groaned and looked at Techno who was eagerly standing in line, trying to chat up the girls around.