TharnType: Chapter 3

This is chapter 3 of a triple update. Please read chapter 1 and 2 first.

Tharn hears gentle rolling coos next to his ear that slowly pulls him out of the depth of sleep. As he slowly gains consciousness, the heaviness in his head starts feeling more weighty and the sudden assault of light to his closed eyelids feels like he's facing a thousand burning suns. He slowly flutters his eyes open to see something very close to his face. He hears the noise again and as his vision clears a little, he sees a pigeon staring at his right eye from a few centimetres away. The sudden shock of it makes him suddenly flail his body upwards sharply, but one of his legs was trapped under the bench so he ends up kicking the underside really hard and suddenly feels a heavy weight drop on his abdomen that knocks the wind out of him.

Type who was blissfully sleeping on top of the bench suddenly feels himself falling and his face smacks against something hard that makes him very disoriented. More so than he already was. He tries to soothe the ache on his face with his palm and starts touching around him to figure out what he slammed his face against as his eyes were still glued shut. He rubs his eyes to get them unstuck a little. He slowly tries to open his eyes and the assault of the light on his pupils make him shut them quickly again. He tries again to slowly open his eyes as he blinks vigorously to stop the light from hurting his sensitive eyes. His vision is still blurry. He rubs at his eyes a few times again and he sees it.

'Tharn? Why is his face there? It looks like I'm lying.... on... hi...'

As the realisation dawns on him, he quickly looks down to see that he's lying between Tharn's legs, whose crotch is nestled comfortably under his neck.

Tharn had been frozen in place when he realised what the weight that dropped on him was and when he did, he couldn't move. It was like he was transfixed in place by a force unknown. As he watches Type look up at him and sees the realisation dawning on his face, he snaps out of his stupor.

They both immediately try to get up, but the sudden movement of both their bodies just ends up making them lose their balance in the tiny balcony space and they fall back down in a mess of tangled limbs. They flail around trying to get up again a few more times but to no avail, ending up tangled in each other every single time.

"Let me get up first," Type says, putting his hand on Tharn's chest to make him stop moving. Tharn understanding what Type means, stops moving. Type uses Tharn's shoulders as support to push his body upwards and gets up. Tharn struggles and pushes himself up too.

"Why is this here?" Type looks down at the big expensive coat lying on the balcony floor.

"Hmmm?" Tharn looks down to look at what Type was pointing at.

"I don't know. I don't remember how we even ended up at the balcony. My head is splitting," Tharn says as he bends down to grab at the coat and drags it inside the room.

The boys both shuffle their feet to their respective beds and sit down, both with their heads in their hands because of the killer hangover they were experiencing.

"Why is it so goddamn bright!" Complains Type as he covers his face with his palms, feeling like the light beams were trying to pierce his brain through his eyes.

Tharn looks down to see the empty bottle of vodka on the floor. He sees a sheet of paper underneath it with some scribbling in the middle. He bends down to pick it up, his entire being aching at every movement. He decides that stretching that much is impossible so he slides down on the floor and reaches for the paper again, pulling it from under the bottle which sends the bottle rolling in the other direction.

He brings the paper in front of him and looks down. He scrutinises it for a minute to figure out what he was staring at and realisation suddenly dawns on him. He starts laughing, despite the pain it sends down his body, his own voice grating his ears but being unable to stop himself.