TharnType: Chapter 4

"Okay, how do we get me into the club?" Tharn asks as he sits on the couch next to Type who was currently immersed in the same thought. After what feels like a few minutes of thinking, Type looks up at him like he has thought up the best idea. 

"Jerry! I think it's time we bring back Jerry!" Type says excitedly which makes Tharn shake his head in frustration. 

"No, Type. Jerry can't solve all of our problems. Also, we're going to a club. And it's April. I would look a lot more suspicious trying to get into a club looking like that. Even if they assume I'm overage, they won't let me in based on me looking like a  flasher," Tharn says exasperatedly. Type hearing that bursts out laughing. 

"Correction! A flasher with fabulous hair," Type interjects with a laugh. Tharn rolls his eyes at Type finding humour in such a dire moment.

"Jerry has been laid to rest for the foreseeable future. I'm not doing that again. My scalp only stopped hurting from your assault, like, yesterday," Tharn says dramatically which makes Type burst into a laugh. 

"Poor Jerry. We should send our regards to Khom," Type retorts with fake concern. Tharn remembers Khom's boyfriend, Jerry, from the time he had visited Type's hometown and starts laughing when he realises he had just killed his best friend's childhood friend's boyfriend. 

"So how else do we get you in?" Type asks as he starts thinking about more ways that don't include a big, expensive coat or a briefcase for once as they both go into deep thought. 

"I got it!" Type says suddenly, scaring Tharn at the volume of his sudden declaration. 

"What? Don't tell me it has to do with me wearing a suit now," Tharn says breaking into a smile. 

"No, this is the best plan to ever come out of my brilliant mind!" Type exclaims as he animatedly stands up with a fist in the air, dragging a chuckle out of Tharn. 

"Okay, let's hear this brilliant plan," Tharn says looking up at Type.

"We will use my ID to get you in," he says as he looks down at Tharn. Tharn pinches his face in confusion. 

"How are you going to get in if I take your ID, dumbass?" Tharn says a little flabbergasted.

"That's the genius part of it, my friend. I have more than one ID! You can take my driver's licence and I'll take my college ID," Type says excitedly. Tharn sits back a little to think about it because it makes sense to him but trying to pinpoint where the pitfalls of Type's ingenious plan lie. 

"That's a good idea, but you're forgetting an important fact," Tharn says sitting upright.

"It's fool-proof, my friend. Don't worry about it," Type says.

Tharn grabs Type and pulls him towards the mirror on the wall next to the television as he makes him stand next to him and points at the reflection.

"Do you think we look alike?" Tharn asks as he looks at Types reflection in the mirror. 

"No need to insult yourself, Tharn. I've thought this through. That's why you will take my driver's license because the picture is blurry in that," Type says. Tharn just doesn't understand if Type insults himself all the time as a joke or he's being serious.

"That makes sense. That could work. But the date of birth and name is the same on both the IDs so if we go together, we would be caught immediately," Tharn says and Type furrows his brows at the realisation that his plan may not be as fool-proof as he had assumed.

"Unless…. we stagger our entrance. You go in first and I'll hang back for a while and enter a few minutes later!" Tharn says, finally excited that the plan might just work.