Type: Chapter 15

The three weeks seemed to drag by with Tharn not around to entertain me. I missed him a lot so we ended up talking for hours everyday. We'd just call each other for stupid reasons just to end up talking each others ears off. 

When the day of my departure finally came, I was extremely excited as I packed my bags days before I had to leave. My mom commented about how I was more excited to leave than I was to come back home and I assured her that it was just because I was looking forward to living on my own, outside the campus for the first time, which wasn't a complete lie. I was excited for that, but I was even more excited to go back to Tharn, my best friend in the entire world. I couldn't believe I had spent most of my life without knowing him because we were just so meant to be in each others' lives. 

As soon as the cab pulled over to the entrance of our new apartment building, I ran out and bounded towards the elevator. I ran out as soon as the doors opened on our floor and extracted the new apartment keys from my pocket as I excitedly opened the door. I threw the door open as I dramatically walked in with my hands in the air as I took a nice long breath, almost to take in the feeling of having my own place. 

"Wow, dramatic much?" Tharn said from the corner. I turned to look at him and seeing his face in real life after only seeing him through the screen of my phone for the past three weeks sent a jolt of happiness in my chest. I ran up to him and stopped in my tracks just a few feet in front of him. I offered him my right hand for a handshake. He looked at my hand and then looked up at me with his eyes swimming in confusion as he slowly lifted his arm and grabbed my hand in a handshake. I gave him the bro-est handshake with as many things as I could fit into it including snaps and claps as I pulled him in for a bro-hug with a last tug of his hand. 

"Nice meeting you, bro. I hope we get along well," I said as Tharn laughed next to my ear, still caught in the bro-hug. He pulled away to look at me and brought a fist up. I brought mine up and we bumped our fists. 

"You too, bro," he said and we both burst out laughing. 

I picked up my bags and walked to my closet to put my things away as Tharn went back to sit on his bed. 

We had made the layout of the studio pretty much the same as our dorm room. We had two closets on each side of the single beds and a dresser in the middle with my art on display that I hid behind the bag of snacks because I was too embarrassed to stare at it when I could see Tharn in real life and couldn't stop comparing the two, which made me feel worse about me and my drawing skills. There were two desks tucked away on the opposite wall to the beds but with a couch and a TV between them and the beds. The kitchen was located behind the couch and had an island on one side to separate the space from the rest of the room which we used as a dining table. It was the perfect room for two college going bros. 

I took a shower after I had put all of my clothes back and sat down on my bed when my phone started ringing. I picked it up to see it was Techno. 

"Type! Are you back yet?" He asked, a little too high pitched for my ear which made me pull my phone away from it. 

"Do you have some sort of bug on me? Yeah, I just got back to my room," I said.

"Cool! So since college starts on Monday and it's Thursday today, why don't you have a house-warming party for us tomorrow so we can hang out together before we have to go back to attending lectures after boring lectures?" He asked. 

I paused to think for a bit. That did sound like a lot of fun. I was up for a party after a long time. Plus, I'd get to meet Tharn's friends properly too. 

"You just want a reason to drink, don't you?" I asked playfully.

"Of course not, friend. I just want to see where you guys are living. The alcohol is just a plus," he said chuckling.