Epilogue 2

"I can't believe we're going to be a married couple!" Tharn said as he soothed Type's naked back as they laid in bed together. Type looked up at him and smiled. 

"Yeah. Who would've thought up half the things we've been through to get to this point?" Type said chuckling. 

"We did go through a lot of heartbreaks. Me especially," Tharn said. Type looked up at him, scowling in annoyance. 

"Excuse me? I was just as heartbroken as you when you went through your breakup. I was even more heartbroken because you had betrayed my trust and waltzed back into the arms of that garbage," Type said. 

"He's Tum's brother, Type. You can't talk about him like that. I've moved on. So has he. But I'm still confused as to how your heart broke when I was the one going through the breakup?" Tharn asked, touching Type's hair.

"My heart broke because your heart was breaking. I was in love with you back then, remember?" Type asked looking up at Tharn. Tharn smiled down at him as he bent down to kiss his lips. 

"Yeah, you can stop showing off that fact that you've been in love with me longer than I've been in love with you. Maybe I'll even it out by loving you longer at the end," Tharn said grinning. 

"You wish. I'm going to make sure we die together so you don't get the satisfaction," Type said.

"Is this some sort of a suicide pact you're making up for us? I don't know how you can turn something romantic into something so morbid every time," Tharn said with a chuckle. 

"Why? Would you want to stay alive if I died?" Type asked looking up at Tharn. It shocked Tharn to think of such a possibility.

"I guess we're going to have a morbid end. But let's not worry about that today. Today we have to go pick up our rings," Tharn said as he attacked Type and kissed him all over. Type struggled against him as the sounds of laughter echoed in their bedroom.

-

"I love these," Tharn said looking at their matching wedding bands with a line of black diamonds sitting on a platinum ring. They were very bespoke. Type nodded as he eyed the rings with excitement. It was all finally coming true. They were soon going to be husbands.

"Can we hurry this up? We still need to get to court and get the date fixed for your registration," Tum said, breaking them from their moment. 

"Thanks, bro. I'm so glad you're letting us enjoy the process of getting married…. For the first time!" Tharn said and Type burst out laughing. 

They walked out of the store with their rings, happy with the bands that they would sport for the rest of their lives. Tharn suddenly came to a halt and turned around to look at Type. Type looked at him with confusion. He figured Tharn forgot something in the store. 

Tharn opened his ring box, took out the ring and got on one knee. He held up the ring to Type. Type broke into a big grin. 

"Will you do me the honour of being m…." Is all he could get out when a man snatched the ring out of his hand and started running full speed down the street. 

"Hey!" Tharn screamed as he gave chase to him, followed by Tum and Type, hot on his trail. 

The man looked quite frail but was able to outrun three much younger men. They chased him down several streets, alleys and over fences till Tharn finally got a grip of his jacket from the back and pulled him back. The guy fell backwards and Tharn pounced on him. He tried to pry the ring out of the guy's fist, not paying attention to his other hand, which flew up to his face as he punched his left eye. Pain surged through Tharn's face as he stumbled away from the guy, holding his face in his hands.