The visit.

The next morning Skeppy woke up to see Jane on a stool next to him, reading his book. She looked to her side at him and smiled. "This is a really good book. No wonder you both liked it so much. She flipped the last page and closed the book, setting it back on the floor.

"Why are you here?" Skeppy asked.

Jane stood up and adjusted her dress, "just wanted to tell you that I'm going to head out for a bit. I got bored of waiting for you to wake up and decided to read the book."

"Where are you going?" Skeppy asked, sitting up.

"Just to visit an old friend." Jane replied. Skeppy nodded and she was out of the room. Why didn't she just wake him up?

Jane walked down the street with a bag strapped over her shoulder and the gift in her hand. She had asked about it while at the doctors. Skeppy was zoning out in the corner while her and Jay talked to each other.

"Is there any way that I could keep one of those diamonds?" Jane asked.

"Well, of course. But they do seem rather big, are you sure you wouldn't rather trade it in?" Jay asked.

"No, I'm sure that I would like to have one. One day he's going to leave, and money isn't going to bring me much nostalgia." Jane replied.

"I'll see what I can do then."

Then, Jay called Skeppy into his room. After the process was done, Jay said that they had found a smaller diamond implanted in his forehead.

It was way smaller than the rest, but not too small about three times the size of one on a diamond ring. She felt like she could break it with only her index and thumb if she wanted. But Jay assured her that she could not.

The diamond was enclosed in her fist as she walked the road down to her destination. She had a ride waiting for her at the edge of the market. She opened the passenger door and hopped in.

"It's been a while since I've seen you, Jake." Jane said.

"It has hasn't it? Have you finally found yourself a man?" Jake asked.

Jane rolled her eyes, "I'm fine on my own. A man would just bring me down." Jane said.

Jake laughed, "you haven't changed a bit." The drive was filled with chatter as the two old friends talked about how their life was, how many changes there have been, if any, and what happened recently.

"That boy was sent to the prison. When he came in, he didn't seem as bad as the stories would say." Jake said.

"Yeah, he was painted in a really bad light." Jane said.

"Did you ever meet him, talk to him?" Jake asked.

"Not much, I couldn't make clear judgement on him from our short conversation." Jane said.

"Well, you'll have enough time today then. But just remember, no matter what he says or what you think; he's not getting out of there." Jake said. Jane nodded.

"I understand. He's in there for a reason, and we can't risk letting him out." Jane replied.

"I wish I had been there that day. Maybe we wouldn't be questioning his innocence now." Jake said.

The vehicle stopped and they both opened their doors. Everything felt all the more real as she saw the prison in front of her. It was small but that's what scared her. It looked so comfy on the outside, but the inside was a nightmare. Jake guided her inside.

At the reception desk was Jake's son. "Hello Sam!" Jane said.

"Hello Jane. Are you here to visit the prisoner?" Sam asked. Straight to the point.

"Yes I am." Jane replied.