Who are you?

Paul had told Margret everything and she was just as mad. But her anger wasn't just directed towards the two boys. Her anger was also directed towards Jane. It was irrational for her to go and test out the prison. Especially after everything that Margret told her about him. What made her change her mind?

Margret thought she had complete control over her. But of course, there was still a factor that she didn't include in the equation. Skeppy. She cares about that child as if she had birthed it herself. And Margret was sure that he was the one that set her up to visit Bad. For what reason? That's why Margret was standing in the doorway of his cell.

Bad turned his head to face the floor again. "Is that any way ta greet yer mom?" Margret asked.

"Why did you want to visit me?" Bad asked.

"I just wanted ta see how ye is doin'." Margret replied. Bad said nothing. Margret walked around the room, inspecting every inch.

"Ya know, I heard Jane came in here a bit ago." Margret said. Bad tensed up. Margret turned to face him.

"Ye didn't say to much in yer letter." Margret grab his chin to make him face her.

"So, what did she come in fer?" Margret asked.

"She didn't say anything. She just said that she wanted to thank me." Bad replied.

"Thank ya? Fer what?" Margret asked.

"For being there for Skeppy." Bad said. Margret harshly pushed his face back away.

"Ye weren't there fer Skeppy. 'specially when he needed ye the most." Margret said. Bad let his head hang. He knew that already.

"But you were the reason that he almost died!" Bad yelled.

"An' what do ye know 'bout it? Ye weren't there." Margret replied. Bad bit his tongue.

"Ye are the reason he almost died! Ye can't blame me fer that. Take yer own blame." Margret said.

"It wasn't my fault.' Bad said.

"Keep tellin' yerself that. Maybe one day it will come true. Fookin' magic if that happens." Margret said as she laughed. Bad wouldn't wish harm on another person, but right now, he was considering it.

"Ye two bring each other down. He's the reason ye is in here." Margret started. She leaned in and whispered, "he should have let you die."

"Skeppy did the right thing! I don't want to die!" Bad argued.

"Yea, like ye has anything to live fer." Bad opened his mouth.

"Don't ye dare say Skeppy. He doesn't care fer ye. He hasn't even seen a single one of yer letters." Margret said.

"What do you mean? He's been writing back to me. He had to have seen them." Bad said with a confused smile.

"Ye think that Skeppy's the one that's been replyin'? Why do ya think I've seen the last letter ye sent. Why Jane brought in the letter, even though it should've been delivered by the post office?" Margret asked.

"Jane said that Skeppy wrote it." Bad said.

"An' ye think she can't tell a lie?" Margret asked. Bad shut his mouth. Of course, anyone could tell a lie.

"An' so Skeppy's been out there, giving away himself for you. An' he doesn't even know if yer alive. One day he's going ta get tired of waitin'. An' he's goin' ta leave again." Margret said. As believable as her story was, something was telling him that it was a lie. He couldn't give up hope.

"Ye is already dead in 'ere. His sacrifice meant nothing. In a couple months, ye will be dead." Margret explained. Skeppy didn't sacrifice himself for nothing. Bad was alive, he needed to see Skeppy. He needed to tell him that he was okay.

"No words, huh?" Margret asked. Bad didn't give her the satisfaction of hearing his voice. She scoffed.

"I'm ready!" Margret yelled. Sam opened the door and Margret walked out, not looking back to see Bad's expression. He had never felt so mad, so discouraged. So determined. Determined to see Skeppy again. He wouldn't give up. He wouldn't lose hope. They were both making sacrifices, Skeppy had it worse anyways.