Ending two: In this life or the next.

"I want to escape. On my own." Skeppy said.

"Are you sure about that?" Jake asked.

"Yes, I'm sure." Skeppy said. Of course, he didn't want to leave Bad. But what other choice did he have? Bad was injured and he would most likely have Jane and everyone else chasing after him. Sometimes to survive, you have to be willing to let everything go. He wasn't loyal to anyone up until now, so why should he start? He needed to escape. And honestly, Bad would be better off without him. Without Skeppy, they would have no reason to keep Bad in the prison. Skeppy was the only reason he was in there anyways, so why wouldn't they let him free.

Yeah, it was time to start thinking positively. Bad wasn't going to die if Skeppy left. They would let him go. And so it would be a win-win situation. Skeppy would be able to live free and Bad would go free. Skeppy didn't know if this was just some twisted way to justify what he was doing, but he didn't care. He believed that he was doing this all for Bad. And there wasn't a doubt in his mind that told him he was doing it just for himself. He was sacrificing a life alone in an abandoned house for Bad's escape.

He stood up and started heading to the front door, leaving no reason to think. He wouldn't allow himself to think. To think about how he would be at better odds if he was with someone. Jake opened the door and they started to head to some location. Then suddenly Jake stopped. Skeppy looked over to him in confusion.

"That turn right there leads to the prison. Are you sure you don't want to go get him? This is your last-"

"I said I'm sure." Skeppy said. Jake sighed and took his foot off the brake. Skeppy followed the street sign with his eyes. They were locked on, head turning to keep it in focus. Then, it was gone. Skeppy turned back around to face the front. He was still going away. There was no turning back now. He leaned on the palm of his hand as he, slowly but surely, fell asleep.

A field. He was standing in a field of flowers. Tall flowers. The grass was already up to his knees, and the flowers loomed over the grass. He looked around, looking for any sign of where to go. But there was nothing, no land marks. It was just an endless plain of grass and flowers. He started to walk in the field, the grass folding as he stepped onto it. He wondered how he had gotten inside the field in the first place if there was no trail.

He trudged through the tall green and it only got harder the more he tried. He looked away from the ground to see a figure just a few feet ahead of him.

He started marching through the grass, hoping to catch up with them. But even after marching a while, the figure still looked as far away as it was. It didn't seem to be moving, but Skeppy bet that if it was, he could just follow the trail that it's footsteps would implant into the ground. He tried to march faster, arms swinging harshly at his sides as he tried to use them for more momentum. He was starting to get tired, but he could finally see the figure get a little bit closer. Or he thought that it had gotten closer.

The motivation from the accomplishment pushed him farther, even if his legs felt like bricks. He was starting to see more progress as the seconds went by. He could hear his harsh breaths from the physical strain. How long had he been doing this for? An hour, a day? He blinked and then the figure was gone. He turned his head from left to right and saw no sign of it.

"Over here, Geppy!" Skeppy turned around quickly. Behind him was Bad, waving to him.

"Come this way!" Bad yelled. Then he started to run into a forest Skeppy swore wasn't there before. Skeppy started to run as well, the previous friction going away. He looked down at his feet to see that it had been replaced with sand. It was still hard to run in sand, but it was a lot easier than the grass. He ran after Bad, seeing that the woods weren't actually that deep. There was a clearing immediately after the first row of trees.

He stepped into the clearing to see Bad sitting on a blanket on the floor. Bad smiled when he saw him, and beckoned for Skeppy to sit next to him. Skeppy walked over to him and sat down.