#04 | internal crisis

* yo im quite proud of myself for updating everyday again. i feel like a legend *

---

Upon arriving back at their houses, [y/n] was forced to part ways with the boy for a moment to return her smaller belongings to her room before she could go over to Tsukishima's house. It took less than five minutes for her to plug her phone in, put away her stuff and make a bagel before she threw open her window and climbed out, diving into the blond's room head first. She landed on the floor with a loud thud, saving her bagel that managed to stay elevated through it all.

She staggered into a standing position before throwing herself onto his bed, accidentally getting some cream cheese on his blanket, prompting her to furiously rub the spot and lick the cream cheese off her finger before Tsukishima got out of the shower and noticed the white stain on his sheets. Covering it with her body, she continued to munch on her bagel while the boy showered, ridding of all the sweat he had worked up during his match.

It took less than ten minutes for the male to saunter out of the bathroom, reentering his room where the girl laid with a blank look on her face and a bit of cream cheese on her lower lip. He rolled his eyes, shutting his door behind him and walking over to his bed to snatch his bag off the edge. "Get off. I was gonna lay down."

"But I have to tell you about today!" She insisted as she moved over, making space for the male who plopped on the edge of the bed with an exasperated sigh. She sat up, clutching one of his pillows to her chest as she smiled weirdly. "The setter that joined the game late is kind of fine though."

At first, Tsukishima assumed she was just joking based on the way her words left her lips in a manner that didn't seem serious, giving him the impression that she was messing around like usual, but once he thought back to the way her eyes were trained to the brunette during the match earlier, he knew this way no joke. Instead of brushing it off, he wrinkled his nose and groaned, "You like him? Bad taste."

The girl's mouth dropped. "Uh, rude. You don't even know him." She demanded, trying to defend whatever first impression she had of Oikawa.

"Neither do you. You met him today." Tsukishima muttered, readjusting his body to lay down on the bed comfortably. He rested his head against his pillow, completely ignoring the girl who stood up and paced around his room, rambling about what she talked about with Oikawa earlier.

"He was nice though! My heart was racing, oh my god, and he has a pretty face. It was cool to see him out on the court doing those sick ass serves-" She stopped abruptly when she realized Tsukishima might dislike the sound of that since he was the one who had been picked on the most by Oikawa. When she saw that the boy didn't even bat an eyelash at the mention of the setter, she continued with her blubbering, "But, Kei, he was so nice!!"

"Yamaguchi's nice too, but I don't see you gushing over him." Tsukishima muttered as he sighed, closing his eyes to avoid seeing that weird expression on her face.

Her expression flattened and her eyes rolled at his words. "That's because Yamaguchi's not my type. He's very cute, but he probably wouldn't even be into girls like me hahah." She snickered, thinking of the type of girl Yamaguchi would probably prefer over her. Sighing softly, she ran a hand down her face, "I don't know. I keep thinking about what he said to me earlier."

"So what? Are you gonna date him?" The boy muttered tiredly, yawning when fatigue graced his limbs. The sleepiness was immediately chased away when the girl lightly smacked his abdomen with a small squeak.

"Fuck no! I barely know him, and I don't know if I can even get with someone as pretty as he is." The girl groaned, throwing herself onto the bed, sliding off the warm bed to land on the floor in a dramatic heap. She made a series of weird noises to describe her feelings, pissing Tsukishima off more than she had intended.

He grit his teeth, "Can you shut the hell up? I don't wanna hear you whining all night." His words came off more curt as his tiredness increased. If he had to be honest, there was another reason why he was irritated. Not that he wanted to be honest about it anyway.

"Sorry, Cranky Pants." [y/n] forced herself up off the floor, plopping on the bed beside him with a soft sigh. She grabbed his phone from his shelf and unlocked it with the simple password, going straight to Tsukishima's only form of social media on this mobile. Typing in the name in the search bar, she was shocked to see his account pop up immediately.

"What're you doing?" questioned Tsukishima who peered over to see the girl on his phone as if it were own. He made no moves to pull it away since he knew she'd run off with it if he tried to. The blond wrinkled his nose at the name on his screen. "What a creep. You're stalking him now?"

She pushed his face away with an offended gasp. "I'm just checking his account. I want to see his face more clearly if he has any pictures." The pad of her thumb dragged across the screen, scrolling through his feed full of random photos the male had taken himself. A lot of it was of sunsets or random views that he had seen, some were of a small boy and himself and the rest were of him and his friends. She scrolled through his entire feed, being careful not to like anything as she looked through the photos he had taken so carefully. Part of her felt creepy for doing this but she knew way too many people who did the same as her, so she couldn't really be embarrassed about it. No harm, no foul.

"Oh fuck no." She threw the phone down, covering her face in horror as she tore her eyes away from the screen. The sound of her quiet cries of anguish prompted Tsukishima to reach for the phone, taking a look at the tagged post on his screen of Oikawa and a girl from a few months ago. The person who had posted it was one of Oikawa's teammates with the caption being about them being gross lovebirds that he was tired of seeing. It was obvious that the girl was his girlfriend but with further speculation, they came to find out that the two had broken up a few weeks after that photo was posted. "He had a girlfriend! I'm going to throw myself out the window!"

Tsukishima quirked an eyebrow at the female who rolled around on his bed, kicking up a fuss over something as small as the male having a girlfriend before. Someone as popular as Oikawa was bound to have had one or two relationships in his life before so Tsukishima wasn't shocked. "Why are you so surprised?"

She grit her teeth, irritation rising with Tsukishima's indifference to the entire situation. "He had a girlfriend before while I haven't even had one boyfriend yet." The girl rolled off the bed to lay on the floor, weeping as if she had been wounded.

The blond laid down with a drawled out sigh. He had been friends with her for way too many years to know that she was joking when she was having this meltdown about a guy she barely knew. This was all a farce but her feelings that lay beneath were the only concern. Tsukishima Kei knew better than anyone that her heart was a little too deprived of that romantic love she'd been seeking for, leading to her heightened feelings for people or things she had just been introduced to. Nothing ever ended well when she poured her affection into something as early as this and got attached to something she knew she couldn't keep. On the bright side, her ability to bounce back was crazy amazing but the downfall before it would usually be harsh on her heart for a few weeks.

"It's whatever. Just don't get attached to him too quickly." He muttered, rolling over to face the wall. He reached down, pulling the sheets up to his shoulders as he tossed his glasses in her direction. "Put that on my nightstand and shut off the lights."

"Okay. I'm gonna go back for dinner. Night, Kei."

"Yeah," he trailed off, eyes remaining open even after she shut off the lights and left through his window. The words she had uttered earlier left him uneasy. Shaking away the thoughts, he forced himself to bed with so much as a sigh.

---

"I think I saw him at the mall." [y/n] exclaims as she followed Tsukishima into his home, removing her shoes at the door. She continued to babble incessantly about the brunette male she had seen at the mall while she was out shopping with her mom. Tsukishima was the unfortunate fella who had to listen to her as she followed him to his room, telling him about her experience that he didn't ask about. "He looked so, so good. He was with his teammates and I fucking flew into one of the clothing racks to hide."

"What a weirdo. You probably looked like a stalker." He muttered emptily, tossing his bag onto his bed before making his way over to his closet, unbuttoning his school shirt to change into something more comfortable. He listened to her rants as he changed, not caring about the girl who was sitting at his desk with eyes glued to her phone screen. "Go home. My family is having guests over for dinner."

"But this is a crisis!" [y/n] whined, spinning around in his desk chair with more force than necessary. Tsukishima shot her a flat look. "I'm serious! I like him so much!"

After meeting the brunette captain a few weeks ago, [y/n] had gotten more infatuated with him as the days went on. She would occasionally see the boy since he lived here in Miyagi too and grew more interested in him with the increasing amount of encounters. Much to his dismay, Tsukishima was forced to listen to her constant rambling about the captain who interacted with her a few times before. It was the only thing she ever talked about lately. 

"Then go date him." He shrugged. There was nothing else he could tell her because everything he said seemed to go in one of her ears and out the other. She was too interested in Oikawa Tooru to think anything through. 

She spun around, banging her head on his desk. "But I'm scared! He's so popular and everyone likes him, so I don't know how to do anything right. I don't even know how to kiss and I get nervous as fuck when I think about holding his hand!"

"That sounds like a you problem. It's not that hard to do stuff like that."

"Kei!" The girl groaned, wanting only to complain endlessly about this entire ordeal that led to her emotions going astray. She really did not want to go into a relationship with someone as experienced as Oikawa while being new at everything. Her inexperience was sure to bother him in one way or another. Sighing, she slumped in her seat, jokingly muttering, "you should teach me how to do everything since you say it's so easy."

Tsukishima paused, slowly glancing back at the girl whose head laid on his desk. His features shifted multiple times before settling into a neutral look. "You want me to?"

Her head shot up and she spun around quickly, hope brandished on her features. "Would you?"

The blond faced her completely, cocking an eyebrow at the girl. "You want to experience it with me?" Part of him was bewildered that she even considered the idea seriously. He assumed this was a joke like usual.

Clasping her hands together, she pursed her lips together innocently. "Yes, please."

---

[ a/n : my neck hurts. i got suna posture rip EDIT: BRO I JUST EDITED THE LAST CHAPTER AND SAID SUMN ABT MY BACK HURTING BC I GOT SUNA POSTURE THEN I SAW THIS A/N THAT I WROTE LIKE TWO MONTHS AGO AHDJSJDS ]