#07 | hey mamaz, i want ur number

* idk why but im getting into the habit of making misleading titles bc what the fuck does this title have to do with anything *

[ third person ]

---

"You said seven." The girl whined as the boy approached her where she stood. He sighed, rolling his eyes at the female who seemed overly excited for a date that was only meant to be practice. "It's almost seven-fifteen. I was waiting here like an idiot."

"Good, so not much changed." His retort earned him a jab to the ribs from the girl who scoffed in offense. Tsukishima snickered, using rude remarks and smug smirks to hide his real feelings towards the entire situation. He truthfully had no idea where they'd be going since he had tried to find somewhere nice but he came up short.

Looking over to his side, his eyes fell upon the girl who had dressed accordingly. It was a simple yet pretty outfit that he found quite cute the longer he stared at her. When she finally turned in his direction and noticed his eyes on her, she grinned proudly, "What'd ya think? Sexy, no?"

"No." He chuckled when her jaw slackened at the rude words. "You look good."

Her eyebrows raised in surprise as she pursed her lips. "Whaaaaat?? Is this coming from the Tsukishima Kei?"

He smiled falsely, "Just playing my role." His smile instantly dropped as they approached the diner he had been recommended by his brother. It was a small diner that his family had eaten at a few times before because of the amazing food and warm atmosphere. It was the most plausible spot for him to go to since the food was also pretty inexpensive.

"Sure," She drawled out playfully, standing beside the boy who grabbed the handle of the door and pulled it open, allowing her to step inside first. "Thank you."

She was hit with the delicious scent of the wafting food within the restaurant, making the metaphorical monster in her stomach growl. Turning to Tsukishima, she smacked his arm lightly. "We're eating here?"

He faltered. "Yeah? Do you not want to?"

"No, you're amazing for this one!" The girl beamed as she looked around the diner, gawking at the food on everyone's plate. "I've always wanted to eat here."

"Good." Tsukishima stepped in front of the girl to greet the hostess that took a step towards them. "Hi, uh, a table for two."

The woman smiled, grabbing two menus from the shelf and leading them into the back side of the restaurant to a small booth. The girl tried to keep up with Tsukishima's large steps but failed to since his legs were so long. Once they reached the table, he sat on one side while she plopped on the other side. The woman smiled brightly as she handed them the menus and cups of water along with utensils that they would use later. "Call me when you're ready to order."

As soon as the lady walked away, [y/n] leaned forward and beamed brightly, "What're you getting? I kind of want this but I'm not sure if I can finish it." She looked up at the boy who watched her babble endlessly and sighed, "You don't even eat that much, so I can't rely on you to help me finish my food."

"Why would you even do that?" The male asked, folding up his menu since he already knew what he wanted. He had been here one too many times to know what he did and didn't want from this place. "Just hurry up and pick something. We can always get a to-go box if you can't finish it all."