#19 | iwa-chan to the rescue

* hi! it's chae :) this chapter is dedicated Tsuklshlmasgf bc you've been waiting so patiently LMFAO but i finally updated after like four months </3 *

[ third person ]

---

Her mother had been banging on the door for the last five minutes, angrily asking why she had left so quickly. She said it left a bad impression on Hitomi and the others who had seen the whole thing. The Tsukishimas thought nothing of it, simply assuming she had suddenly found a need to head home at that very moment.

Her mother thought otherwise since she felt as if her daughters behavior reflected on her negatively. She was unaware of what had happened, and she'd stay that way for a while.

When the house had gone quiet and [y/n] knew her mother was gone, she unlocked her room door and creeped down the stairs with her jacket in hand and some money. As shitty as she felt in this very moment, there's nothing a small tub of ice cream wouldn't fix.

Grabbing the handle of the front door, she twisted it and pulled the door open enough to peek her head outside, checking for any signs of the blonde male who had been lingering outside half an hour ago. When there were no tall males in sight, she bolted.

The cold night air whipped past her, hair flowing behind her, occasionally snapping against her skin whenever she stepped a certain way. The feeling of the harsh wind on her exposed skin was nice, forcing the tears that built up in her eyes to dry before they even had a chance to escape.

Her pace decreased as she neared the convenience store that shined brightly with fluorescent lights, drawing her in like a moth to a flame. Placing her hands in her pockets, she walked through the automatic sliding doors and was welcomed by the familiar scent of the old store.

Her footsteps were quiet as she sauntered over to the freezers, scanning the options for her favorite flavor. An audible scoff left her lips when she saw the empty space where her usual choice would have been.

"Who's the bitch that ate my ice cream?" She muttered under her breath as she opened the freezer door, grabbing her second favorite choice off the shelf and shutting the door.

Arriving at the counter, she placed her items in front of the cashier and smiled politely, digging through her pocket to fetch enough money to pay for the ice cream.

With a soft thud, someone placed two bags of chips on top of her ice cream along with enough money to cover everything. "Just put all of this together."

The deep voice made her jump, turning around to face whichever male had attempted to pay for her things plus his own. Her eyes were slightly wide when she scanned his features, widening even further when she recognized exactly who he was.

"You're," She pointed a finger at him, stuttering while attempting to remember his name. "You're Iwa-chan! Right?"

The brown haired male cringed visibly, eyebrows furrowed together in annoyance. "Don't call me that. Shittykawa shouldn't even be calling me that."

"Shittykawa, huh?" She mumbled quietly, rather confused with the addressing of his own friend.

"Thank you." Iwaizumi said to the cashier as he took the three items, handing the ice cream to the girl and heading towards the store door. She quickly followed behind in suit, trying to figure out what to say to the male who had shown up out of nowhere.

"Wait, Iwaizumi-sa-" the girl slammed into his back when he abruptly stopped, not even warning her about his sudden pause. "Um, that hurt!"

The boy didn't respond, simply turning around to face the girl who looked up at him with a semi-distraught look on her face. Tearing open the bag of chips in his hands, he looked down and grabbed a single chip. "So what is it you want to say? I can tell you want to say something."

The words got caught in her throat. It was true that she wanted to say something, get his opinion on this kind of thing, but it felt... wrong. They barely knew each other other than the fact that she was potentially seeing his best friend.

His aura gave off the comforting, welcoming vibe that she needed, even though his expression said otherwise.

"Just say it. Quit beating around the bush already. We'll be out here all night."

Throwing her hands up dramatically, she sighed, "Fine! I just... don't know."

"Don't know what?" He asked, munching on the chips that seemed to be the loudest thing in the world right now.

"How to explain it, I guess."

Iwaizumi shrugged. "You like that blonde kid, but you're talking to Oikawa. Simple."

It was a tad jaw dropping how easy he had explained it. The simplified version of what she felt was not as serious as she had thought it was, and it somewhat put her to ease to know she wasn't digging her own grave.

Swallowing thickly, she looked down at her ice cream. "Yeah, but Kei's mad at me. He just kept saying bad things, and I didn't know how to make him stop. I got angry and said things, but he was just as bad at me. Oikawa-kun said Kei was just jealous. I just don't know.

"Oh, it's so clear he's jealous. They're both jealous of each other." Iwaizumi muttered as he lightly shook the bag of chips around. "Just pick whoever you like and go with them. Easy."

"It's not that easy though." Her features screwed together in distress. She wanted to reach up and rip her hair out at the thought of what she'd have to do. "I don't want to hurt either of them. If I go with Kei, Oikawa-kun will feel like I led him on, but if I go with Oikawa-kun, Kei will feel like I betrayed him."

Silence took over them, filling every crack and crevice of their brain. The only sounds were the natural sounds that could not be controlled within the world as they stood in front of that convenience store with nothing more than chips and ice cream.

"Who the fuck cares?"

[y/n] [l/n] was taken aback, so much that her jaw dropped and her head swiveled like a bobble head. "Excuse me?"

Iwaizumi turned to her, shoving the chips into his jacket pocket and dusting his hands. He pointed at her, getting closer to the girl who looked up at him in disbelief. "Who the fuck cares about Shittykawa or that megane? The only person you should be worried about is you."

Her mouth flopped open and closed like a fish. Huh?

"It's only up to you from this point on. If your choice to be happy makes one of them sad, boo-hoo. They won't die. They'll understand eventually that you chose whoever you wanted because they'd make you happy. Why would you change your whole decision just because you don't want to hurt their feelings?" The brunette male said as he sighed, knowing just what he'd have to do after she made her decision. "Just figure out who you like and tell them both exactly what you're thinking. I'll slap Shittykawa if he doesn't understand."

The girl could feel tears welling up in her eyes at the advice that had lifted a weight off her shoulders. She laughed, sniffling lightly. "You talk like you already know who I'll pick."

"It's that blonde, isn't it?" Iwaizumi said confidently as he shoved his hands in his pockets, rocking on his heels. He oozed with such confidence that it almost made her want to say the opposite to spite him.

In the end, she smiled softly and nodded.

"It's always him."

---

[ a/n : hi it's chae. i have been gone for like four months. I GOT A JOB AND MET A GUY I LIKE SO IVE BEEN BUSY AS FUCK THESE PAST FEW MONTHS. but it's so fun to write this story now. i am sorry for disappearing out of the blue BUT I MISSED YOU GUYS SM AND I LOVE YOUUU <33. to the sexy bitches who have been here since before and the hot bitches who have recently joined us, you're all amazing and i love you so much. UNTIL NEXT TIME, MY LOVE <3 ]