Chapter 5

Arden seethed as he watched another man take his mate home. No, not his mate. He wouldn’t have a human for a mate. Why fate dealt him such selfish cards, Arden did not know. All he knew was that this fragile, tiny girl would bring only shame to his name. If his enemies found out who his mate was, Arden would no longer be feared by them.                                                                                  

“That’s exactly why you shouldn’t have let her go” He heard Ethan say, obviously picking up his thoughts through the pack link. Arden turned around to face his Beta and cousin.                                                                                                                            “If Brody finds her, he will use her as leverage against you”. Arden shook his head. “I have no connection to her, besides that bite on her neck – which will soon fade away”.

Cole appeared from around the house. He was one of the pack enforcers and had been guarding the perimeter of the property through night. “Dude, congrats. Where’s your mate?”. Arden bared his teeth at Cole. “She. Is. Not. My. Mate”. Cole backed away from his Alpha with his hands up in surrender and looked to Ethan for an explanation. “She’s human. And Arden claims that he doesn’t want her”. “I don’t want her”.                                                                                                                      

“Sure, you don’t. Those green enchanting eyes of hers doesn’t do anything for you. And I’m certain that full lips she has doesn’t have you conjuring up images of her on her knees as she takes you into her mouth. And don’t let me get started on her sweet-smelling virgin pussy”.                                                                            

The truth was that all of those thoughts – and more – were flashing through his head on repeat ever since he set eyes on her. But he couldn’t overlook the big part of her that cast her aside from him and his pack, just for the sake of his lusty wolf. “Where is she? I want to meet her” Cole asked, a pained look on his face.                                                                                                                                           

“Jason took her home”. “Really?”. “Selena basically forced him to. Something has me thinking that she doesn’t have a bone of submission in that little body of hers” Ethan trailed on with a smug smile as he looked at his cousin.

Every Alpha wolf dreams of having a dominant mate that they could challenge and turn into a submissive one. The challenge was thrilling enough to cause a hard on. “She had me hard since I saw her last night” Clayton confessed as he stepped through the front door, hand on his growing bulge. Arden’s blood started boiling now.                                                                                                                                           

“Then you mate with her”. The look on Clayton’s face was priceless as a gleeful smile curved his lips. Arden hadn’t exactly meant to say that.                              
His wolf was particularly not happy about that suggestion, urging him to run after Jason and Selena and drag her back her where he would pin her down to his bed. Fuck, his wolf was already growing possessive. Cole narrowed his eyes at Arden.                                                                                                                               

“You cannot stop the mating bond from forming. You’ve already marked her. If you don’t get between her legs soon, your wolf is going to lose his mind”.                                                                                “If none of you stop ranting your mouths at this instant, there will be hell to pay!” Arden boomed angrily. Cole and Clayton moaned and retreated towards the house. Ethan slowly followed after them, with a slight shake of his head. Arden walked over to one of the cars parked out front.                                                   There was someone he was itching to tail.