Chapter 10

Once Selena was in Arden’s room, she didn’t know exactly what to do with herself. She was still under his compulsion, so she could not leave the room. She heard footsteps behind her but was unable to turn around. Then Lara’s face appeared at her side.                                                                                                   

God Arden. She’s in your room now, you can release your hold over her”.                  Arden grunted and then came into view. “Not going to happen, she’s too tempted to escape. I can basically see the wheels turning in that little head of hers, thinking about any kind of way to get away from me”.                                                                                                                    

“A lot has happened to her, Arden, give her a break. She’s just found out her mother was a wolf, that she also has an uncle and she’s just been turned”. Selena felt relief sweep through her as she looked at Lara. Dr Lara had just become her favourite person.                                                                                                          

“I cannot trust her. She wants to leave”. “Then tie her to the damned bed!”.                                                                                         The flash of desire that lightened up Arden’s eyes was unmistakeable as the corners of his pink kissable lips curled up. Arden’s smile deepened as if he knew what she thought about his lips. Lara set a comforting, gentle hand on Selena’s shoulder.            

“It’s ok to feel attracted to him Selena, he is your mate”. “He’s not…I’m not attra…”. “Your heat cycle has started. Usually the effect is not rushed, however you are a wolf born of Alpha blood, meaning that your cycle will start quicker but also last longer. Do you understand what I am trying to tell you?”.                                                   

“Yeah, I’m not attracted to him, it’s just the heat cycle’s doing” She answered Lara flippantly. Arden snorted at her response and shook his head. “Uhm…sort of. Look, Selena, the main purpose of the heat cycle is to consummate the mate bond with your mate”. Selena let out a dry, humourless laugh at the Doctors words.                                                                                                      

“I am not having sex with him”. “You cannot deprave yourself of me. Within days the need will be so dire, you will be begging me to fuck you”.                                                             

“Arden is right, Selena. The heat cycle can be intense if you try to avoid mating. You will be delirious with need, ready to hump anything that moves. That’s why I suggest you complete the mating now, before the shivers and pain start”. There was no chance she was having sex with a man like Arden, she would rather take her chances with the pain and whatever else came along with not giving her body over to wolf to fuck.

“Thanks for the concern, but I will be able to handle it”. “Selena, this mating is not only necessary to you and Arden, but to the rest of the pack as well. Although they haven’t formally accepted you into the pack, they do recognise you as a probable mate for their Alpha. If Arden’s needs are not met, the tension and frustration will bleed out into the pack”.

If Selena was not under Arden’s mate call, she probably would have killed them both by now with anything she could grab as a weapon, though she might not have succeeded – them being wolves and all. A thought popped in Selena’s mind. “Where’s my wolf? I mean, I can’t exactly feel her”.