Chapter 18

Selena basically collapsed onto the first couch that she could reach, not even bothering to take comfort in the sofa that had become her favourite. Her legs were aching from her surprise transition and all she needed was some rest. Trey and Clayton were in the room as well and after taking one look at her, they plopped themselves next to her to offer her comfort and support.

“Rough day?” Clayton asked and started massaging her feet. “Ugh, you have no idea man”. “Well, at least you no longer smell like Brody” Clayton said after taking in a deep breath of air. “What do I smell like? I mean, what does my scent smell like?”. “Sugar and spice” Trey said with sigh as if he was awestruck. “And all things nice?” Selena asked with a smile. “What?” Trey asked, completely confused, but Selena just shook her head.

Why did she think that two guys would’ve caught onto her power puff girls remark? “Anyway, how was your first transition?” Trey asked her, while running his hands down her arms. “Honestly, I don’t even know how it happened or even if I could possibly do it again. But it was painful and I was…afraid”.

“I remember the first time I changed. I was around five, I think. And I was so mad at Ethan for playing with my new skate board, that I just lashed out at him and transformed into my wolf” Clayton said while Trey laughed at him. “You should’ve seen the guy man; he was so mad and Ethan was downright shocked” Trey said through his laugh.

“You were around during their childhood?” Selena asked, her question directed at Trey. “Yeah, my family were already part of the pack, like since the time Arden’s father was still Alpha and we lived like down the road, so we’d often go to each other’s homes”. Selena let out a heavy sigh.

“What’s wrong, princess”. “I’m just…tired of this, of everything. Arden doesn’t seem to understand that I need my space and time away from him”. “It’s a little hard for him to do that, he’s feeling the mate pull a little more than you are”. “I don’t even know why. He didn’t even want me in the first place”.

Trey moved away from Selena’s side and propped himself over her to stare directly at her. “You know, you could still reject Arden”. Selena felt Clayton stiffening beside her. “Trey”. “No Clayton, let me speak, you know she doesn’t want him”. Selena looked between the two of them. “I wasn’t aware that I had a choice”. “You do”.

“So what? I just go up to Arden and tell him that I reject his claim to me?”. “Yes, exactly. Look Selena, you don’t have to think that you are alone. I will willingly mate you, if that’s what you want”.

“But wolves’ mate for life, don’t they? I’m not your destined mate, Trey. She’s out there somewhere, waiting for you. I cannot do that to you or to her!”. “I’m willing to overlook that fact, if you would accept me as yours”. “You would…do that for me? Just because I’m not happy with Arden?” Selena asked, looking at Trey with her head slightly tilted. “Yes. I would disregard my destined mate to mate with you”.

“What the fuck is going on here?” Arden’s deliciously deep voice boomed angrily as he stormed into the lounge. Selena immediately pushed Trey away and got off the couch. “Nothing” She squealed as Arden wrapped his hand around her throat.

“You were going to reject me? Me?!”. “Oh, for fucks sake, Arden, Trey was just spitting rubbish”. “No, I wasn’t Clay. I was dead serious about accepting Selena as mine”. “You fucking bastard!” Arden exclaimed and threw Selena to the side, charging towards Trey. Clayton got off the couch and rushed to Selena’s side.

“We have to get out of here, Selena. Arden’s about to turn”. “I’m not going anywhere; I have to stop him”. “No Selena, he’s furious. He feral wolf will want out”. “Feral wolf?”. Selena heard that about him before.

“When a wolf loses all control and rationality, he becomes feral. And now that his wolf feels threatened about his mate, he will shred anything that comes his way”. “We have to do something; we have to save Trey!”. “Dom, Cole and Ethan are on their way, I’ve already asked for them through the pack link”.

Selena nodded her head frantically, the fear of something happening to Trey numbing her limbs. Her eyes shot to Arden as he relentlessly pounded his fist into Trey’s chest. She swallowed the shriek in her throat as she watched Trey. He was allowing Arden to beat him, just so that she would be ok. If she didn’t get up from the floor and do something, Trey would die! Arden let out a growl and then gave over his control to his wolf.

Selena got up from the ground and nodded her head at Clayton who was telling her to go outside, but instead of following Chayton, she made a dash at Arden, managing to momentarily stop him from lunging his fury body against Trey. She placed herself in front of Trey who was coughing up blood. Clayton swore continuously and yelled at her to move away before Arden hurt her.

“Stop Arden! You’re hurting him!”. She didn’t know if Arden understood her. All he did was growl at her. Jason, Ethan and Dominic rushed into the room and they too warned her to move away from Arden’s feral wolf. She ignored their pleas and quickly took the scrunchie off her wrist and scooped her hair up into a messy bun, after making sure that the blanket around her was secured. She slowly kneeled onto the ground while Arden continued growling at her, his wolf looking ready to pounce onto her and kill her.

“Selena, get up and run to me and quickly as you can” She heard Ethan say as he inched slowly forward towards them. Arden picked up on his actions and growled angrily at him. Selena took in a shaky breath. She wasn’t sure how to transform into her wolf right now, even though she just did it a couple of minutes ago. She then recalled the conversation she had with Ashley and realised what she needed to do. The only way she would be able to calm Arden down was allow him to scent her. He was feeling threatened by Trey’s presence and she needed to assure him that she was not going to reject him.

“Arden? Come here” She commanded, hoping that she sounded a lot braver than she felt. Arden glanced between them, still growling. “Arden” She repeated and opened up her arms. If she had to stretch just a little bit further, she would touch his fur, but she wanted him to willingly come towards her. “Arden, please” She whispered, his wolf ears pricking up. Arden glanced between Trey, Ethan and Selena twice before he began slowly inching towards her. His mammoth jaw was still baring his fangs, his voice, a low uncertain growl.

Selena’s fingertips made contact with Arden’s fur and slithers of electricity jolted up her arm. Arden must have felt it too, because he let out a commanding groan and pressed his nuzzle into her hand. She reached out with her other hand and cautiously framed the side of his wolf’s face, slightly moving forward. She stared into his hazel eyes and he stared back, waiting for her next move.

Selena swallowed down a nervous gulp and then wrapped her arms around his neck, dragging his muzzle to meet the mark he had made on her skin. She slowly and deeply inhaled his scent and rubbed his fur until he did the same. She felt him bury his snout against her. A gasp slipped past her lips when she felt his sand papery tongue lapping against her.

Her grip on his fur tightened and Arden opened his jaw, grazing his canines on her skin. Suddenly he bit down harshly and Selena involuntarily moaned. Then within a blink of an eye, Arden transformed back into his human form, his arms gripping firmly around Selena’s petite waist.

Selena ignored the proximity of Arden’s nakedness and clutched onto him as he begun sucking at her fresh wound. “Mine” He murmured into her ear and  without any hesitation she whispered back. “Yours”.