Chapter 6

When Selena came to, she was nestled in her bed, a light blanket covering her and her room was empty. She was still naked, and she wondered if whoever had carried her to her room had purposely seen her. Selena could have convinced herself that what had happened was all a dream, but the stinging sensation in her neck proved otherwise.                                                                                                                                      

She whipped the covering off her and tip toed to her closet, hurriedly taking out a track pants and hoodie, tip toeing out of her room. Down the hallway she could hear whispers. When she reached the lounge, she made out the voices belonging to Ethan’s and Jason’s.                                                                     

“Her father will never allow it, hell, neither will Selena”.  “It’s only for a few days, at most”.                                                                                                        “I won’t ask Uncle Rom” Jase insisted. The room fell silent as Selena inched closer to the lounge. “Good, you’re awake” Ethan said with a smile. He patted the seat adjacent to his as his eyes gestured for her to join him.

Selena peered about the room, her eyes searching for Arden.                          
“He’s gone. I sent him back home”. Selena let out a breath she didn’t know she was withholding and walked over to Ethan to sit down. He took her hands into his and looked her square in the eye.

“Jason and I were just speaking about you. I’ve made the decision of having you move into Arden’s home”. Selena immediately removed her hands from Ethan’s and looked to Jason. Jason didn’t make eye contact with her.                                      “It’s only for a few days, maybe…one week? Just so that Arden’s wolf can settle down”.                                                                                                                             

“You have got to kidding me”. “What happened earlier with Arden, he was only…marking his territory, completely normal behaviour for a wolf and Alpha. But he hadn’t meant to hurt you, trust me on this. I could sense how careful he was trying to be, Selena”. Selena frowned in confusion, but then she remembered Lara telling her about how wolves in a pack were able to pick up on another’s senses, feelings and emotions through a pack link. So essentially if she hurt the Alpha, the others would feel it. She hadn’t really understood how that worked, but it worked.                 

“I am not going anywhere. And most certainly not back there!”.                                             “It’s for your safety. If another wolf finds you, he will sniff out Arden’s scent and when he sees the marking on your skin, he will know that you are his. Arden has enemies, they will come for you”. Selena held out her palm to Ethan’s face.                                                                                         

“First of fucking all. I am not his. And secondly, all this marking and scent crap didn’t have to happen if Arden didn’t do it in the first place!”.  Ethan nodded, whether he understood her argument or accepted that she was right and that his Alpha was the cause of this mess, Selena did not know. “Jason. You convince her”. Jason looked from his Beta to his best friend and sighed.                                                                                                                                         

“She doesn’t have to move. I will stay here”. “For fucks sake, Jason. Do you want Arden to kill you and leave Dakota without a mate?”. “He won’t kill me; I’ll be looking after his mate”. Selena made a face at Jason that reiterated that she wasn’t Arden’s mate and he slowly nodded in agreement.