Chapter 21

Selena didn’t stop running until she was outside the house, nearing the forest. Then she let herself completely go. She cried to her hearts content as she slowly walked away from Arden’s pack house. Seconds later she found a gentle hand gripping her shoulder and she turned right around with both hands fisted, ready to attack the person that touched her.

“Trey!”. “What happened, pretty face? Arden’s in there, losing his mind, trashing around everything in his room…and you don’t look too great yourself”. “I’m leaving” Selena sobbed and found comfort in Trey’s arms. “Why? What happened?” he asked her gently. “I cannot stay, Trey, I thought I could, but…Arden…I just need to leave, just for some time to figure things out”. “Then I’m coming with you. A newly mated wolf cannot be without her mate, you’ll be vulnerable and in need of protection”.

Selena gulped nervously and then pulled away from Trey. “I’m not going home, Trey, I’m going to Brody’s”. A surprising snarl vibrated from his throat. “Selena, you’d be making the worst mistake in your life by doing that. Maybe your uncle can be trusted, I don’t know, but Brody is not a man that you can blindly trust”. “Trey, please. I know you’re just saying all this to get me to stay…”, “No, Selena, listen to me…”, “No! You listen to me! I’m done with being told what to do. I am leaving!”. And with that Selena changed into her wolf and stormed through the forest.

“You fucking bastard!” Trey yelled when he ran back into the house. “Dude, why the hell you yelling?” Clayton asked as he woke up from sleeping on the couch in front of the tv. “Your brother, has fucking lost it!” Trey yelled and stomped his foot at an antique statue, causing it to tip over and fall to pieces.

“Yeah, I’m thinking all the mindless murder over the years has driven him slightly psycho. Oh, and Lara is going to be pissed that you broke her shit!”. “What the hell is going on in this house? If it’s not Arden throwing tantrums, then…oh my god! Trey, that statue of mine costed a fortune!!”.

“We have more important things to worry about than a statue; Selena’s gone”. “What do you mean, gone? The entire night they were basically fucking each other’s brains out” Dakota asked as she came down the stairs. “Arden fucking did something to upset her, she was a mess when I saw her outside”. “That’s why he’s behaving like this” Lara commented as she looked towards the staircase.

“Wait, you saw her leaving and you didn’t stop her?” Clayton asked and he got off from the couch. “She turned into her wolf, I wouldn’t have been able to keep up with her Alpha speed, besides, she told me where she was going”. “What did she say?”. “She’s going to Brody”. “Oh, for fucks sake, why the hell would she do that?”. “I don’t know Dakota, she obviously thinks she can trust him, or her uncle”.

“If you’re asking me, I don’t think her uncle is trustworthy either. In fact, no one from that pack can be trusted”. “We can’t blame Princess. Brody or her uncle must have convinced her that they had her best interests at heart”. “Whatever the case may be, we need to bring her back home, we need to save her” Lara decided with a stern frown imbedded on her forehead.

No one is saving her!”. They all turned around a face the stairs where Arden trotted down from, his fists a bloody mess. “She left because she wanted to leave. Let her see for herself what a mistake she has made. And when she finally realises what she has done, then it will truly be over between us”.

“You cannot say that, Arden. Selena needs us, we cannot just leave her there. And what do you think, you’ll be able to live without her?”. “Dakota, I’m warning you, one more word and I swear I will end that useless human mate of yours”. “Arden!” Dakota expelled with surprise. “That’s it! That’s it right there! It’s because of this disrespect that Selena could no longer bear to be around you. You don’t respect her or her feelings” Trey yelled, pointing an accusing finger at the air between him and his Alpha.

“And you? You only want Selena because of her alpha blood! That’s why you were so willing to mate her!”. “Yes, and so what? I won’t deny it. Selena’s powerful and would make a fine mate. I’m the only that acknowledged that since the beginning. At least I didn’t hurt or disregard the simple fact that she was human!”.

“And I was right to! A human could never be a suitable mate for a wolf and by running off to the enemy, Selena has proven that! She doesn’t give one ounce of care for the rest of the members in this pack. An Alpha female is someone that puts her packs needs over her own. Selena acted in line with her own whims. She left because she desired Brody, not because I hurt her!”.

Trey and Clayton looked at each other in silent shock while Arden moved closer to taunt them. “What happened now? None of you have anything to say?” He asked the four of them as he circled his way around. “Come on Trey, you must have smelt it on her when you met with her outside” He added softly, trying his best to not let the pain quake his voice.

Trey didn’t dare to say anything, because besides Selena’s usual scent and the lingering of pain and sadness, he did smell her desire, he just thought it was because of Arden. “Trey’s silence says it all. This matter will not be further discussed, inform the others when they arrive from the stores”.