Chapter 44 Dying scream of a heroic spirit

At first, Kotori was aware the [Overlord] Skill was active based on the fact that she felt her mana buff slowly decreasing. It wasn't particularly annoying and she would occasionally take the time to eat parts of the floor in Nero's room to regain the mana and keep herself topped off.

Now though?

It was overwhelming she felt like her mana was being sucked out of her at a rate she couldn't understand or comprehend.

She almost gasped as she suddenly felt all her strength leaving her limbs.

She backed off and staggered slightly. It seems Amelie and Umi both felt it too. She saw Umi's figure begging to shrink and Amelie held a similarly weakened expression.

Kotori leaned against one of the golden pillars in the room and activate [Hunter]

[What!]

She felt a small energizing jolt pass through her.

It was almost as if the pillar was made out of extremely dense mana.

Nero, noticing Kotori going near the pillar, instantly turned his full attention to her and ferociously attacked her.

The onslaught was surprising and almost unwarranted.

She instantly retreated almost getting slashed in the process.

Once again she felt the power of [Overlord] sucking her mana this time even more aggressively

Kotori looked towards the pillars in the room. If they were anything like the other pillars then Nero must be using them as batteries. It seemed he had squirreled away all the mana he had leached from other adventurers inside the pillar. It must be why his dungeon was so easy. Nero was never meant to be defeated.

This was a trap dungeon.

"Cover me!" Kotori said as she ran to another pillar

If she could just use them to recharge more she could keep layering her mana buff. Nero of course, was not about to let this happen and jumped.

While in the air he crashed down with a thud cracking the floor and slashing towards Kotori. The now rebuffed Kotori nimble slid out of the way and put her hand on the pillar.

She greedily lapped mana contained within with [Hunter] Kotori pulled out her Lizard horn and blasted a note rebuffing herself and her allies in the process. This came at a cost though as Kotori's Magical Musician Skill would buff anything in the surrounding and Nero was buffed as well.

Kotori had a plan now though.

It had to do with how her Mana buff worked.

Despite giving Nero an equal amount of stats to the Mana she gained she was essentially gaining 4x the normal stats because the buff would be distributed across all her allies.

This meant that their stats would not grow equally and soon she and her Allies would be even with Nero.

Still, that required her to be able to outlast the Mana buffed Nero in the first place.

She conveyed the concept to Shu and Umi who were able to instantly grasp her intent based on her [Spirit Seer] Skill.

All she told Amelie was "Cover me!" once again and thus began her mad dash towards other pillars while also dodging and running from a Nero that was not only stealing her Stats but also trying to hamper her every move.

She cut across the room using her small body to slide in between Nero's legs to her allies who were behind him.

This was a calculated move. Nero who had an extremely long reach with his greatsword would have a hard time swinging it in close quarters.