Chapter 45 A Pathetic Death

Nero had been in that throne room for over a century.

His memories of the time before he was in the throne room were beginning to fade.

Ever since that damn angel had placed him in here he burned with a growing rage.

Nero, who was known as "Roran" in a past life was a person who was simultaneously called the "executioner" by his enemies and was also known as the "Savior" by others. He had united the world under his own banner and ushered in a period of peace. It was a path laid out in blood and Roran did not mind.

He was a singularly determined individual and would ensure that he did what he felt was right.

When the world was united. It was finally peaceful. But that did not mean Roran was not met with scorn.

He ruled with an iron fist, prepared to do what was needed to ensure the unity of the world.

But, people grow to love their chains.

And he was deposed. The world who had once praised him had eliminated him and once again became peaceful free from their "tyrant"

Roran's allies who had helped unite the world with him were slowly killed, hunted, and routed.

His precious allies who had shed blood for his sake, and his lover, Isla were all cut down like cattle.

And then once again the world fell into chaos. As if Roran's rule had never existed.

Roran found himself in front of a mysterious angel.

Begging to be left to rest in peace with his companions the angel allowed Roran to be granted his wish.

The wicked angel tricked him, and cast him down to another mortal world, as a dungeon monster.

The souls of his allies were diffused and given to Roran as mana. Their pained voices swirling in his head as their souls were broken into pieces.

The angel had cursed Roran and locked him in endless solitude.

Roran who was left alone in the dungeon was filled with anger.

To get the chance to strike down the angel who had cursed him.

He created a dungeon using his vast mana reserves and set up pillars filled with the fragments of his allies' souls.

If he could kill enough humans on this planet he would recover enough mana to restore them.

And thus he waited.

A steady trickle of adventurers came in over the years. Roran deliberately conserved mana to bait them in.

Soon the pillars began to speak and Roran felt his power grow once more.

Due to his nature as a dungeon beast, he could not possibly leave the dungeon, but he was still the ruler of it.

Roran began to notice the number of adventurers coming into his room lower even further. He had killed too many, they became wary. Fewer and fewer came to challenge him

Roran laid low and locked his gates. Waiting for adventurers to forget who he was. He could wait, he had time.

His plan worked and when he flung his gates open again adventurers once more began to trickle in.

That was until the man came.

The man who could make blades appear out of nowhere.

The man was a much harder fight than Roran had anticipated, and although he used his special skill [Overlord] to weaken the man several times, he was unable to land a decisive blow, and thus the man escaped with his life.