Chapter 79: Meetings(2)

Tiefa met up with Evelynn at the city gate. She was wearing a large cloak to hide and prevent people from recognizing her.

Tiefa herself was also wearing something similar but she looked much bulkier on account of her armor. Her hammer of course was much harder to hide and she didn't bother trying to hide it

They quickly left through the gate and walk to the outskirts of the city taking off their cloaks as soon as they got sufficiently far enough away.

Evelynn led her to one of the forests nears the cities. She wasn't lying she said that the dungeon was new. Although Tiefa was a guild master of the adventurer's guild she was also an adventurer herself. She had a special exemption from the kingdom and wasn't obligated to go on the kingdom's dungeon parties. She still took note of the dungeons that popped up in case there were any that could line her pockets.

Old habits die hard.

They walked into the dungeon killing a few monsters along the way. Suddenly Evelynn called Tiefa over

"We're not alone" Evelynn whispers into Tiefa's ear

"Ehhh?"

[Someone got here first?] Tiefa thought

It wasn't surprising, this dungeon was quite close to the capital after all.

Still, it would be an issue if Tiefa and Evelynn were seen.

"Let's meet them!" Evelynn said cheerfully

"Excuse me?" Teifa said in surprise

Not only was Evelynn not trying to hide but she wanted to be seen.

"Well, it's not like they can tattle on us" Evelynn explained

"I guess..." Tiefa responded.

Since both of them were exploring an unknown dungeon it would only hurt them to report each other for exploring.

Evelynn didn't wait for Tiefa to agree and began to saunter over to the sounds of fighting.

The other party was slightly hidden by trees.

Once they passed through the trees both Tiefa and Evelynn froze in surprise.

[It's her!] Teifa thought

It was a girl with pale skin and dirty blond hair. She had a tiara atop her head. She looked very similar to the girl who the kingdom had placed a bounty.

Still, she looked quite a bit older than the reports. It had been a little over six months since her last appearance so she shouldn't have grown this much. The reports placed her age at around a 10-year-old girl but she looked closer to 12-14 years old right now. She had an unearthly feeling around her. She wasn't particularly beautiful only above average but she gave a feeling like she was not of this world.

The girl was with two other women. One of them looked like lizard kin and the other looked like a beastkin. Both were quite beautiful

Along them with them was a knightly-looking tanned man.

The reports didn't say that she had such companions. They did say that she was a spirit tamer but spirts couldn't manifest human forms like this. There had been no such accounts. Additionally, the reports said she only had two spirits which meant that one of these companions were new. Her half-elf partner was missing as well.

[What did the adventurers say? Something about how she was a good luck charm] Tiefa thought.

Evelynn also looked like she recognized who the girl was.

She suddenly spoke adopting a casual attitude.

"Agree to keep this secret?" she said

[Ehhhhh!] Teifa thought. Evelynn was a person who worked for the kingdom. Tiefa didn't understand why she wasn't apprehending the girl right now.

Teifa herself didn't mind whether or not the girl was caught. In fact, she slightly wished that the girl continued to stay uncaught buying and selling information on her was quite profitable for the adventurer's guild after all.

The girl nodded. The way she moved was surprisingly refined as if she had been taught like nobility. This was unlikely since if she's was a Faramouth noble's daughter she would've been found out instantly.

"Alright!" Evelynn said cheerfully she was giving the same simpleton smile she gives Tiefa. Evelynn was surprisingly good at defusing these sorts of situations.

"By the way, you can tell your associate to stop hiding in the bush" Evelynn added.

The girl looked surprised.

[Associate? Is that the half-elf girl!]

"She's hidden quite well; I can tell why you were surprised, but your friend is going to need to work a little harder to be able to hide from someone like me" Evelynn spoke.

Tiefa knew she was lying. Evelynn only knew that the elf girl was hiding through the process of deduction. She didn't actually know if the elf girl here or not. Evelynn didn't have any detection skills after all.

[That woman! She's always like this !] Tiefa thought

Even back when they were adventurers Evelynn had very good situational awareness. Almost bordering on inhuman levels of processing power. It was a result of the fact that she had the [Barrier] Skill. It was a skill that would deflect an attack but cost an extremely large amount of mana to maintain. Evelynn was the leader of the bishops because she had the uncanny ability to activate [Barrier] at the right times. Almost to the tenth of a second before something hit her. Her awareness and reaction time were just that good.