Frosted Memories

Requested by:  -Tauria-
Did i make up a whole OC for this? Yes, yes I did.
One moment, HOLY HEDGES!! PEEPS!! Wow!!! 70 reads in three days!! OML, you guys!! I love you beyond words, here have a Cookie, all of you.🍪
I don't have my laptop still so no Gladiators yet soz-
Anyhow I haven't proof read this so sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes.

TW: Implied suicide, grief, mention of blood, a lot of tears, mention of exile.
I think that's it, enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They felt so fragile, so frail, like they were a glass ornament. A small tear rolled down his cheek, the memory the roses sparked meant everything to him. The blue petals glimmered in the silent rays of the setting sun, the small crystals on their surface gleaming with a graceful light. They lay in their small, perfectly woven basket, everlasting, never wilting petals. A small note lay beside them in the basket, written on pure white parchment, with dazzling blue ink and amazing, cursive handwriting.
"Although Fire And Ice don't compliment each other, they need each other, for without the Fire, there'd be no sun, without the Ice, there'd be no snow. To work together, they must find each other. Come and find me, when you're ready, Blade. I'll be waiting patiently. Yours truly, forever  and ever, Esme."

He's read over that note everyday, ever since she'd left. And in his mind he could imagine her soft, soothing voice singing the words in a beautiful melody. He could imagine her sitting next to him under the willow  tree near the lake, her baby-blue dress flowing onto the ground, her delicate, intricately patterned wings folded gently against her back, her platinum-blonde locks falling in front of her mesmerising sapphire eyes as they shared stories beneath the stars.

It was this same memory that kept him up at night, made the days and evenings restless. He always found himself trailing back to the small basket, sometimes he'd go on walks to calm himself but find himself returning to the willow tree. To say Technoblade missed Esmeralda would be an understatement. Ever since they'd found each other near the ocean on that young spring day, when they were but youths of the world, he'd seen her as his sister and would give up the world for her. And then one summer evening, when he went to their meeting spot, he didn't find her, only the small basket of Winter roses that the young fairy had left behind. (Look, we're going Fantasy here okay.) There was also a small knife lying next the willow tree, it was coated with a sickly white substance, Techno recognised as snow-blood.
That image was engraved in his mind, of the small blade covered in the white blood, of the small message engraved within the tree, I'm sorry, I wasn't able to stop myself, I'm wilted now, but I hope you can find me.
That night he returned home, a feeling of sorrow plaguing his mind, tears staining his cheeks, hands trembling as he held the reed basket. He wished she'd told him, he would've helped her, he wished he'd have noticed. Why was everything around him crumbling down? Why did Fate always torment him like he was her pawn?
Everything good always gets taken away.

There were a few desperate raps on the door, snapping Techno out of his train of thought. He wiped his tears away, quickly masking any emotion, taking his sword in hand, wondering who was at the door. "Hello?"
"Techno, please let me in, it's so cold out here!"
"Tommy?"
"Yes it's me, now let me in."
He opened the door to the shivering blonde. "Why the hell are you here?"
"Long story short, I got exiled from L'Manberg by Tubbo and Dream. Dream was being a bitch so I ran away and uh I ended up here."
"You have got to be kidding me, what am I going to do with you." Techno sighed, leading Tommy to the fireplace. "Here, warm yourself up, take this." The older ordered, handing Tommy a thick blanket.
"Have you had any sleep yet,Tommy?"
"No, it's not necessarily comfortable to sleep in the snow."
"Are you hurt?"
"Just a few scratches nothing much."
Technoblade hummed, his concern for the boy lowering a bit.
The rest of the night was silent, Techno stared at the fire as Tommy slowly drifted to sleep. Technoblade found the noiselessness so comforting yet desolate, like if he was in the middle of a crowd but there was complete silence, he would feel like the loneliest person alive. Even the voices fell silent for once. To distract himself from the quiet world around him, he took a book off the shelf and crept down to his basement, taking his seat next to the flowers, knowing he wouldn't sleep.

(Time skip, brought to you by ✨laziness✨)

Tommy awoke to the rising sun, a little confused when he looked around and didn't find Techno. He got up, still a bit groggy with sleep. "Techno?" He mumbled, voice quite against the morning stillness. Tiredly, Tommy shuffled around, looking for his brother-figure.
He thought it would be a good idea to check downstairs, after he hadn't found him on the main floor. The ladder creaked slightly beneath Tommy's light weight, as the blonde took steps down it. His bare feet touched the cold, stone floor of the basement, azure eyes scanning everywhere for Techno's crimson ones.
He found the other sitting in a corner, a book lay on his lap, eyes glued on what looked like a basket. He looked as if he hadn't slept all night.
Tommy kneeled in front of him, waving a pale hand in front of Technoblade's face. For a while the Piglin was unresponsive. "Huh? Oh, Tommy. Sorry, I didn't see you there."
"Yeah, seems so. What's in the basket?"
"Uhm, none of your business-"
"C'mon, let's have a look." 
"I said that it has nothing to do with you."
Techno pushed the basket into the corner, shielding it from Tommy's view.
"What's wrong with letting me have a look?"
Techno was really starting to get annoyed.
"Everything is wrong with letting you have a look because it's none of your freaking business!" He argued back at the teen.
"Just go upstairs."
"Ok fine whatever."
Tommy turned to leave and Techno went back to looking at the basket, longing glittering in his rose-coloured eyes. Tommy spared a quick glance over Techno's shoulder.
"Woah, what are those?" He asked eagerly, admiring the beautiful flowers.
"I thought I told you to go upstairs." Techno sternly stated, once more attempting to hide the roses from Tommy's grasp.
"Please can I just touch one."
"No."
"Why not?"
"Because I said so."
"Oh come one Techno, just one flower."
"You might break it."
"You have plenty more."
"No I do not."
"You literally have a whole bouquet."
"Why do you even want to touch it?"
"I wanna know what flower it is."
"It's a Winter rose, there does that suffice?!"
"Now you've only made me want to look at it more."
"Huh, fine. You can hold one, for a minute only, by the stalk, under my supervision."
He carefully handed the delicate bud to the boy, watching as Tommy's eyes widened in awe. "It's so cool."
"Literally or metaphorically??" Techno asked sarcastically, keeping a close eye on Tommy.
"I don't know, both." The boy replied, gave fixated on the rose.
Without him realising it, Tommy's hand was slowly itching towards the petals of the blue rose.
There was a small commotion behind them, causing Techno to look behind him. Tommy was too bewitched by the rose to mind. The clatter was revealed to be some books that had fallen off a shelf.
Whilst Techno went to fix it, Tommy kept beholding the rose, his fingertip brushing its petal. What happened next, though, was very unintentional.
The petal disintegrated, causing Tommy's hand to violently jerk back. Techno had fixed all the books back and was making his way over to Tommy, but as soon as he noticed the missing petal, he ran forward, taking the rose and clasping Tommy's wrist tightly. "I told you to only hold it from the stalk! Now look what you've done!"
"Techno I-"
"Go, get out of here! You've already screwed up enough."
"I'm sorry I-"
"I said go."
The boy scurried away, out of the doors, leaving the grieving hybrid on his own.
'Never wilting, huh.'
He watched as the rest of the rose's petals faded away, leaving a now blackened stalk. 'I guess nothing lasts forever.'
He leaned his head against the wall sinking down to the floor. At least he still had the rest of the roses. But upon observation, he found that, for some reason, the rest of the roses had disappeared as well. "A bouquet of Winter roses are tied together, they feel each other. If one petal wilts away, the rest will follow. It's what makes them special. They'll last forever if the bond isn't broken." Of course.
He'd lost all of them then, but at least he had memories of them, those beautiful, frosted memories.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A bit less angsty(??)
Idk, hope u enjoyed!!
Leave a vote or comment if you did!!

<Daily reminder>
Remember that you are loved and appreciated and the best kind of thanks is giving that love back!!
    ~~Rae