The way our blood flows

Hi! I'm sad today, mood swings go brrr. Anyways, so last night i came up with this short story angst idea for SBI but i was kinda hesitant on whether or not i should post it in full so i have what i've written so far here.

For some background, Phil is the biological father, he's widowed, Wilbur is the oldest child at 14, Techno is the middle child at age 11 and Tommy is the youngest, aged 9. Philza is 34 years old.

TW/CWs:

-Death mentions

-Illness

//If there's anymore, tell me.//

I quiet enjoyed writing this at 4:00am (:

________________________________________________________________________

Techno's PoV
The sun was shining so bright and beautiful. Three boys were laughing in the fields, rolling in the grass, running through its lush, green blades. They giggled and shouted and chased after each other in the sun, never wanting their youths to end. It was brilliant.

The sun beamed down on us, the light was so warm, Tommy's laughs could be heard through the whole field, Phil smiled at us as we chased each other through the grass. "Wilbur! You're so fast!" I laughed as I ran after him. "Come on then, slow coach!" He turned on his heels to face me, smiling under the daylight. Tommy sprinted past him. "Why don't you two catch me instead!"

"Oh you little, mischievous child!" Wilbur and I said in union. We both burst into laughter as we chased after Tommy, who was screaming and smiling his childish smile. Life was sweet.

"Wilbur, Techno, Tommy! We have to go home now!"
Philza said.
"Yes Papa."
"Coming dad."
"Ok daddy!" And we all started running south of the field, towards our father, towards our home.

We skipped along the asphalt of the path, Wilbur hummed one of his songs, Tommy clung to father's robe as he walked, not wanting to get lost, although I assured him many times before that as long as we could see him, he'd be ok. I gazed ahead, along the path. The same path we'd walked so many times. Summer was a beautiful time. The sky was lit with sunset shades, the grass wafting in the gentle breeze either side of the pathway.

But something felt wrong. I don't know why, but my limbs started feeling heavier, they felt as if they were made of stone. My breath felt strained and my vision started shifting, I couldn't keep myself on two feet anymore. A pounding ache made itself clear and present in my chest. My hearing was muffled, everything drowned out by a sharp ringing in my ears. I stopped, focusing solely on staying upright.

"Techno, are you okay?" Was it Wilbur or Father who'd asked, I couldn't hear. I couldn't keep fighting the urge to not pass out much longer, especially not when everything started growing more distant. I stumbled, ink-black leaked into my vision as my legs gave way beneath me. A strong set of arms caught me but I felt nothing after that.

Philza's PoV
Tommy kept clinging to my cloak, I just smiled to myself, amused slightly. The faint melody of Wilbur's humming flowed in the air around us, sweetening the sunset a bit more. Techno's bright scarlet eyes scanned the horizon, gazing in awe. But he'd stopped. "Techno, are you okay?" My voice filled with concern. But the only answer I got was him falling forward, his eyes closing.

My arms caught him simultaneously, gently, as to not hurt him. I held him close to my chest. He looked so pale, he had bags under his eyes and his breaths were uneven. Something was definitely wrong.

"Papa! Is Techno okay?"
"Wilbur, take Tommy and go home, I'm taking him to the healer, I may not be back till night fall." I didn't answer his question, rather, giving him a set of stern instructions. He nodded at me. "Okay. Tommy, come on now." He took his younger brother's hand.