Play-thing for Peace

SBI ayyyy! I had an idea! Finally, screw u writer's block. Also I did my voice reveal so check my announcements if u want.

Tw:
-blood
-death
-Extreme descriptions of agony
-poison
-murder
-sleep paralysis
(Tell me if I've missed any)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>>>>Tommy's PoV<<<<<
"Ph-Phil?" There was something wrong. I sat on the same bed where Techno lay, his wrist was cold in my hand, continuously checked for a pulse. There was a drastic change in my brother's heartbeat as it got quicker and more unstable.

How did we get to this point? The same question got repeated in my mind as I looked down at my unconscious sibling, the sweat dripping down his face, a pained expression on his features.
It had been eight months since an official bounty had been placed on Techno's head, we'd been running ever since. We found Techno passed out two days ago in a snowy terrain. He must've snuck out early whilst we were asleep, he knew he should've stayed in. A dart was lodged in his shoulder, clearly a poisoned one, when we discovered his body.
That's how we got to here. Wilbur had gone out for some resources whilst me and Phil had stayed behind to look after Techno, who had been unconscious for the past three days.

We'd tried to draw out as much of the poison as we could but Phil said there was some left. It worried me. In all honesty, Techno most likely wouldn't live.
"Phil, his pulse has changed." Anxiety laced my voice. Phil stood behind me, creating some kind of healing potion.
"Let me check." He ordered as he took Techno's hand. His expression sunk down to a more solemn one as he felt out the younger's pulse, he knew something I didn't.
"That's- Not good."
"No sh_t Sherlock, what's he got?"
"Sleep paralysis- they drugged him hard."
"Obviously, what do we do?"
"Not much we can do. Damn- these people are clever. The poison they used has no antidote."
"Guess you gotta be if you're an assassin going after a person worth a million gold."
"No kidding."
"So all we can do is be there for him when he....ya know-"
Phil hummed and nodded his head in defeat. "Tommy, I need you to stay next to him, no matter what happens, keep holding his hand to the minuet he goes-"
"It's not like I'll let go, Phil."
I took Techno's hand again, looking at him.
All of a sudden, he tensed, gripping my hand tightly, letting out a few pained groans.
"Shh, it's ok, I'm here, I got you." My voice cracked as I attempted to comfort my dying sibling, stroking his hair in the process.
"How long has he got left?"
"An hour at most." Phil had finished brewing the potion, taking the veil and shaking it. He sat on the other side, uncorking the bottle and bringing it to Techno's lips, gently tilting it.
"The potion should ease the pain but it won't stop him from passing." Techno relaxed a little, however there was still tension present. "Phil, do you know how the poison works?"
"It's slow acting and it has multiple stages, four I think. The first one was muscle cramps, then the fever, now he's having sleep paralysis, the next one should be internal bleeding, he'll be coughing up a lot of blood then and then he'd come conscious, then he'd pass."
I stared at him, dumbfounded and afraid. "Phil? How do you know all this?"
"The poison they used is called factulaite persane(made up name), it's deadly and I'm lucky to have survived a drugging."
"You're joking, right?"
"Nope."
"Wow-" I just looked between my father and Techno, unsure of what to say.
"I also used to make it."
"What?"
"I used to work in an illegal business, I was twenty and I was forced into it."
I just hummed, turning my attention back to Technoblade, who seemed to be struggling to breathe, his breaths laboured and uneasy. He kept holding my hand tightly, as if his life depended on it and for a few moments I wondered what was going through his mind, how much pain was he in? Surely it must've been terrible to make the strongest warriors whimper in agony. "Won't he calm down?"
"No. He can't, the poison does something to the mind, brings out the most agonising thoughts, sends his systems spiralling out of control. That's how it works."
With every groan and scream I winced. It was so hard to see my strongest brother so weak in this state. It hurt me as well. "So you're telling me that one, my oldest brother is dying and there's nothing I can do. Two, he's in so much pain it will make him go insane. And three that i have to watch it all happen with that feeling of hopelessness?"
"Reality sucks, mate."
Techno's veins where more highlighted, more purple and pushed out. They liked like thin, violet chains locking around him, stark and visible against his paper white skin. A heart wrenching cry tore the unconscious' throat raw, making my eyes prick with tears. It was as if I was but a shadow and I had to watch Techno get tortured. Phil looked on, seemingly unfazed, but a tinge Of sadness was clear in his sapphire eyes. "He's so close to peace yet it won't take him, instead it tortures him." The eldest sighed, saddened by the harshness.
There was a wet cough, and then a splatter of crimson. I felt sick from watching but I kept my eyes on Techno, observing as he unknowingly pleaded for mercy. The blood got heaved out of him, as if his insides were torn apart. My hand was getting crushed but that didn't matter, I couldn't take my eyes of him. The grey sheets were soon stained with deep vermillion. Phil shifted, moving closer to Techno, holding his other hand as he watched. More of that sickly liquid came up, I looked away briefly. In between the terrific coughing fits, Techno would heave in breaths, and let out small sobs of pain. I looked back at him, the thin sheet of sweat in his face that little more due to his rising fever and a small trail of blood running down his lip. "How on Earth did you survive this?"
"Medical support, something we can't get since we've been targeted."  "Huhm."
"Will the blood stop?"
"The coughing stops but he's still bleeding."
A few minutes passed, the coughs resided, he lay still on the bed. For a moment i thought maybe he was gone, maybe fate had mercy on him. Maybe not.
The silence was uncomfortable to say the least, I just wanted something to happen. Nervous, my hands went up to his neck, gently checking his pulse. I found a weak, quick heartbeat, barely noticeable and unsteady enough to speak the pain Techno was in. I drew my hand back to his side, looking. His quiet, shallow breathing hitched, getting caught in his throat. His eyes slowly fluttered open, revealing two dilated pupils, glazed over, as if they couldn't see. Their usual red flare had vanished, replaced by a deadly shade of dark grey. The sight was sickening. Bloody tears washed over his pupils. It was so hard to keep looking, to keep staring. "Techno." Phil whispered. "I'm right here, I'm not leaving you, ok." Phil tried so hard to comfort him. I stared into his eyes.
"It..it hurts so much-"  the in audible whisper fell on my ears. He felt so weak, sounded like he was in so much agony, which he was.
"I know, I know. I'm here ok, I won't leave." Phils hand went up to Techno's cheek, gently caressing it in a comforting manner. I gently squeezed his hand, indicating that I was there as well. "It going to be ok."
"I don't want to die."
"It's ok, I promise you, it will be fine."
"Don't leave. Please don't leave me."
"We won't leave, promise."
I was heartbroken, I wouldn't leave, I wouldn't let him suffer so much on his own. He was my brother. And I had to be there for him like he was for me so many times. The air fell silent, I looked at Techno, as his breathing grew strangled. He exhaled, no more breathes entering him after that. Desperately I searched for a pulse, even as his eyes rolled back. No hope. He was gone-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed! Drop me a vote and comment if you did! Have a wonderful day|night|afternoon
~~Esme