Part 1

" she ignored me. AGAIN."

James sighed and collapsed onto the bean bag that sat in the corner of the room. Sirius rolled his eyes as peter passed a coke can to him.

" seriously? Again?"

" AGAIN. God why is this so hard?"

" whats hard?" Remus asked as he entered from the kitchen.

Peter wordlessly gestured to james and his disheveled look.

" lily?"

" YEAH." James exhausted.

Remus laughed to himself then sat down on the floor in front of the couch. It was supposed to be movie night but of course james is gonna spend the entire time obsessing over lily.

She was his crush. Very pretty girl, smart and beautiful. He's been obsessed with her for almost 3 years.

It was starting to get tiring.

" hey why dont you take another approach to this whole wooing lily thing?" Peter suggested.

James raised an eyebrow and sat up.

" im listening."

Peter sat at the edge of his seat and placed his elbows on his knees.

" so we know she doesnt like you-"

" you dont know that."

" don't interrupt me." Peter held up a finger.

James raised his hands in defense and remus looked back and forth in interest.

" ok so. She doesnt like you, or at least the advances you are making isnt working. SO, you undermine that and you go for the next best thing."

James and remus squinted at peter in confusion. They shared a look and before remus could question his reasoning sirius spoke first.

" the best friend!" Sirius yelled.

The movie completely forgotten, the three put their attention on the subject.

" exactly." Peter pointed at sirius.

Ignoring the fact that sirius got it before him, remus knit his eyebrows and leaned forward.

" ok, huh?"

Peter exhaled and pointed to sirius.

" you suck up to the best friend and they tell your crush about how great of a guy you are." Sirius explained like it was so easy to understand.

" thats questionable." Remus countered.

" its GENIUS!" James shouted.

Sirius smirked to himself and all peter did was lean back into his armchair.

" no james, dont tell me you're actually gonna do it." Remus said in disbelief.

" why not? It seems fool proof."

" im sorry, THAT seems fool proof to you? James i know you're not as smart as me but you cant be that dumb."

James gawked at the comment and shoved his long legs with his own.

" you're such an ass. All im saying is it might work!"

" really? Your so desperate you're gonna stoop to their level?" Remus brought his hand up to motion towards peter and sirius.

Sirius kicked his lower back with his foot and peter just rolled his eyes.

" hey whats wrong with you today? Someone shove a stick up your ass and leave it there?" Sirius asked.