Part 2

" absolutely not."

" come on dude."

James was seriously considering running away at this point. They were sitting in a coffee shop and severus was sipping on a latte across from him.

James, with his own iced coffee sat face down on the table.

" you just called me 'dude', how do you expect lily to believe you actually like me?" Severus set down the mug and crossed his legs under the table.

" ok ill stop calling you dude. Come on, please? Just help me out."

" ok you've been chasing her for 3 years and shes said no to ALL your advances. How is THIS gonna help?" Severus gestured to the space between them.

James shrugged and sighed, forehead laying on the table.

Severus took a moment, looking at james' who looked on the verge of giving up. He closed his eyes and sighed.

" fine. Ill help you out."

James peeled his head off the wood and looked up at him in hope.

" really?

" on one condition." Severus brought up a hand.

James had an uneasy feeling and leaned back.

" okayyyy???" He said slowly.

" you have to buy me dinner everyday."

" huh? everyday?"

" mhm. Everyday." Severus nodded.

James knotted his eyebrows. This was too easy.

" why would i buy you dinner everyday? What if im just a poor uni student?"

Severus actually scoffed at that.

" your James potter. Your dad makes 6 figures and he's an alumni at the school. He even has a building named after him."

James mentally cursed his lineage. And that building. Damn that stupid building.

He groaned and nodded begrudgingly.

" fine. Dinner everyday. Deal."

Severus had a smug smile on his face and he stuck out his hand.

" well then. You've got yourself a fake crush."

James exhaled loudly and shook the hand. All of a sudden severus tightened his grip on james' hand and pulled him in impossibly closer.

James' eyes widened in shock and severus just had that stupidly amused smirk on his face.

" so? Whats the plan?"

————————————————————

The plan was simple. James chases severus for a while, throws lily off the trail, they date for 3 weeks and severus "breaks"  james' heart to pieces and severus sends lily his way to mend his poor heart.

It was fool proof. Or at least james thought.

The only catch was pretending he liked severus and buying him dinner everyday but that was doable.

Plus severus wasnt that bad. He told himself.

" im home." James called out into his loft and sirius' head poked out from the second floor.

" welcome!" Peter yelled from the kitchen and he just assumed remus was somewhere laying down.

" hey you're back!" Sirius bounced down the stairs excitedly.