Part 15

Ok so it worked. Asking severus on a discreet non-date date had worked, only it worked a little too well. Because now they went out every weekend and sometimes james brought him flowers which would be met by a sarcastic comment about his floral taste.

And then they'd get dinner or lunch or do whatever activity james had asked severus to. People noticed as well, he knew because he was constantly getting asked if him and severus are dating in which he'd have to reply with a solemn 'no'.

It even went on as far as his parents. Which he knew now because he was on the phone with them.

" so how's your boyfriend?"

James nearly choked on air when his father started the conversation with THAT.

" im sorry?"

" you know, the tall one. Sirius told me about him, said you two were really hitting it off."

" what? Why are you talking to padfoot?"

" please I basically raised him, he's pretty much the son i never had."

" wow, thanks dad."

" you know what i mean. Anyway he dating anybody?"

James exhaled and looked at where sirius and remus were sitting, discussing something about school or whatever.

" uh i dont think so but i got a hunch."

" a hunch huh? And what about your boyfriend? Uh Snivilus something."

He rolled his eyes at the name. Of course sirius would use the nickname james used ONE time to describe severus.

" his name is severus and he's not my boyfriend." He picked at the hem of his sweater.

" really? You sound kinda sad about that." His dad commented.

James sighed and shifted in his seat, not sure what to be more disturbed by. The fact his father didn't even bat an eye at the fact he was dating a guy or at the fact they were actually TALKING about it right now.

" well i like him, im just not dating him."

" ah so its a crush?"

James cringed at the cliche-ness but nodded anyway, not as if his father would know.

" i guess you could say that."

" i see. Well come on, have some courage. Im sure he likes you back. I mean you even brought him to our beach house, you must like him."

James did like severus but that beach house trip wasn't for him. It was for lily back when he still had feelings for her and hadn't accidentally messed everything up with severus.

Honestly if they haven't kissed he probably would've been able to go through with the lily plan but now it was all complicated.

" maybe." He said glumly.

" i know you can do it. And hey, let us meet him some time. Your mother has been buzzing non stop at the mention of this new boy."

" dad hes not a boy." James whined. It made him sound like some teenage girl with a pathetic little crush.

But he wasn't a teenage girl with a pathetic crush, no he was a grown man with a mildly annoying, equally as pathetic infatuation with with another grown man.

" fine, this new man." His dad teased.

He hated how similar he was with his dad but then again it was one of the things he liked most.