Part 3

" ok so i hung out with him." Lily sat down on severus' bed.

He slightly rose his gaze to see her above his book but he was obviously disinterested.

" and?" He looked back at his book.

" he's an arts major, hes 22 like us, he lives with 3 roommates at a pretty nice loft if i may say so myself-"

" wait you went to his loft?"

" yeah why?"

Severus tried to stop that weird feeling in his stomach and chose to push it away.

" uh nothing. Continue."

" oh and he really likes you. He asked me to see if your free this Saturday which i said yes immediately and you have another date!"

" wait lily! What?!" Severus yelled and reached for her but she jumped out of his way and past the door.

Severus' hand curled into a fist and he dropped it on his bed.

This was NOT what he agreed to.

————————————————————

" oh my god, how did that WORK?!" Remus yelled on disbelief.

James was leaning against the banister of the staircase beaming. Lily came today and remus hadn't stopped freaking out since.

" seriously how did it work?!"

" i dont know. I wasnt even sure it would." Sirius pat his shoulder.

" well it did. And now im gonna have lily wrapped around my finger."

" through severus. What does he get out of this?"

" free dinner. Seeing his friend happy, i dont know. He agreed to it thats all that matters." James waved it off and picked at the food peter was making.

" stop eating it!" Peter slapped his hand away.

" you're always cooking. I cant help take a bite."

Peter groaned and positioned himself in front of the pan so that james couldn't reach it.

" so what? Your gonna do the whole fake dating thing?"

" why not?" James shrugged.

" one of you is bound to get hurt."

" i wont get hurt."

" but what if he does?" Remus asked.

He had a different tone now, one full of concern that james wasn't expecting from him.

James swallowed then shrugged.

" not my problem."

" not your problem? You dragged him into this, of he gets hurt you have to take responsibility."

" i'll deal with it when it comes to. Besides he doesnt seem like the type to let feelings get the best of him."

" its gonna be hard if this works you know. If he falls for you and you end up dating his best friend. What if you ruin their relationship?"

" i wont."

" you cant guarantee that."

James sighed and gave remus a sarcastic smile.

" it'll work. Ill have lily, severus will forget this happened and we will live life as it is. Nobody will get hurt and nobody's relationships will he ruined. You dont always have to be right remus."