Part 7

" dude come on!"

" what did we talk about with the 'dude'?"

" fine, severus. Please just go with me!" James yelled.

Severus sighed and kept walking. He was just getting out of class when james all of a sudden cornered him and started pestering him about this thing he wanted to try.

" come on. We'll make it a road trip! You can invite lily and your friends!"

" lily is my friends."

" seriously man? You should get more friends." James added.

" this is helping your case how?" Severus seethed back.

James shook his head, his glasses almost slipping off his face and his hair flying around.

" just go with me please."

" why do you want me to go so bad?" Severus stopped i the middle of the hallway but apparently james didn't realize.

After noticing severus was no longer walking when he was a few feet away he ran back to him.

" because it would be fun. And i could get close to lily. And you can meet my friends." He said with a coy smile.

Severus just looked down at him and shook his head 'no'.

" nope. I have work."

" come on, im sure frank will understand. He loves me."

It was true. Frank did love him. He loved that type of arts stuff and so in return he loved james and he was so rooting for them to get together which was even more annoying.

" ugh fine! Jesus i just wanted to sit at home and get some work done and maybe read a good book but no, now i have to go to this damn trip." He mumbled under his breath and walked away faster than before.

" yes! Come on, we leave in an hour." James said quickly and ran past him in the halls.

Severus froze on the spot with the binder still in his hand and stared at james' increasingly small figure.

" EXCUSE ME?!"

————————————————————

This is so stupid. Why was he doing this. OH YEAH, because he told his roommates and marlene the dumbass OFFERED TO DRIVE.

Of course marlene would do that. Of course marlene in all her friendly chaotic glory would offer them her car.

So now there he was. Hauling 3 days worth of crap into the trunk of Marlene's stupid black jeep all while lily and marlene stuffed the three bags of snacks into the back.

" this'll be so fun!" Lily cheered.

Severus gave a disgruntled noise of reluctant agreement and shoved the last bag in a little too agressively.

" yeah. Fun."

He was never the outdoors type. And he was most definitely not the beach type so 3 days in james' stupid summer house was gonna be just peachy.

And by peachy he means absolutely mind numbingly horrible for him.

" come on! Cheer up!" Marlene pat his shoulder and gave him a squeeze.

" dont cheer up me. You're the whole reason why we're in this damn place!" Severus groaned.

He got into the passenger seat as lily sat in the back, marlene of course in the drivers seat.

" hey dont eat all the snacks by yourself." Marlene turned back when they heard crinkling from lily.

She gave a sheepish smile as she dug into the bag of chips she already opened.