Part 4

" so you're telling me that the son of a famous inventor and scientist became a sculptor?" Severus asked.

They were on a park bench eating pizza for no reason other than james not wanting to be surrounded by loud noises.

" mhm. Thats what im saying."

" and you sculpt people. Out of like clay and stuff."

He was kind of having a hard time believing it since james didn't really look like the artsy type.

" yeah. I sculpt people. Usually faces and collarbone up but yeah." He bit into his pizza which he spent 10 minutes arguing with severus about.

" ugh i still cant believe you eat it with fruit."

James exasperated and set the pizza down.

" we argued about this for 10 minutes at the line, im not gonna argue again."

" its pineapples. On pizza. Its gross.Why is it on pizza?"

" why not?"

" next your gonna tell me you actually enjoy olives."

" whats wrong with olives?!" James yelled.

The park was pretty quiet, most everyone was gone so james' voice echoed around them.

" its gross!"

" oh your just a picky eater."

" so what if i am? You eat fruit on pizza."

" oh my god, it tastes good!"

Severus exhaled and rolled his eyes, taking a bite out of his own slice.

" still. Its disgusting. My appetite is getting ruined just watching you eat it." Severus grimaced dramatically.

" if its so disgusting maybe you should just leave." James teased.

Severus gave him a blank look then stood up.

" fine. Guess i will-"

" wait no! I was joking, come back!" James laughed and grabbed onto severus' sleeve.

Severus yanked his sleeve back and sat down on the bench, his long legs splayed out in front of him while james sat with his legs in criss cross.

" so. How's it going with lily?"

" its going pretty well actually. She came to visit."

" i know."

James turned around and stared at him.

" you know?"

" yeah. Im the one who told her to go there." Severus smirked at him and james' mouth gaped.

" severus -im not a hundred percent sure what your last name is so im not gonna try— i cant believe you did that." James smiled and held his hand up for a high five.

Severus gave it gladly, his hand lingering just a little longer than expected.

" so. Hows this gonna work?" Severus tilted his head to face james.

" I explained it like 5 times."

" so explain it a 6th, come on."