Sleepless Night

A/N I'm having really bad urges to write Broppy fluff so uh, here-

Tap Tap Tap

Branch glanced up to the entrance to his bunker, where the noise originated. 'Who could possibly...'

"Braaaaanch, open up pleASE," a muffled feminine voice groaned. TAP TAP TAP

Branch sighed, pushing away from his desk and heading to the elevator all the way up. Sliding open his eye hole, he met the pink eyes of the pop queen.

Poppy stared sleepily at Branch through the floor, waiting for admittance inside. "Not getting, YAWN, any...younger..." she forced out, her eyelids almost closing.

"Poppy, what are doing here this late? Did you come here by yourself?" Branch glanced around, not seeing anyone. So he quickly opened up, picking her up and rushing her inside, closing the trapdoor behind him. 

Waiting for the elevator to go all the way down, Poppy yawned again and snuggled closer to Branch, resting her head on his soft vest. Branch felt heat rise up to his face at the gesture, unused to it. He hugged her closer, then the elevator stopped its descent.

Still holding sleepy Poppy, Branch wandered over to a comfy chair, and had Poppy sit down, and he squeezed in beside her. 

"Poppy...start talking, what happened?"

"I dunno Branch...nightmares..." Poppy sighed and slumped back, sleep threatening to overtake her. Branch only patiently waited for her to open her thoughts to him. 

"Hm...how'd you put it? 'I'm not getting any younger,'?" Branch joked, referring to earlier.

"We'll look who's kidding now," remarked Poppy, chuckling. Deep breath. "Branch...am I gullible?" Turning big, sad eyes to her boyfriend, she waited for an answer.

"Where'd that question come from?" Branch asked, confusion washing over his face. Then he seemed to get it. "Is this from your nightmare?" Poppy mutely nodded, dropping her face into her petite hands.

"Um..." Branch realized he didn't really want to say it aloud, but Poppy had proven to be...over-trusting. "Since when have you needed beauty sleep?" He swapped the subject. Poppy frowned at him. "N-not the time?" He stammered, hoping he hadn't offended her. 

"Mmmmhm," Poppy nodded, a barely noticeable sad whimper escaping her mouth. But Branch's ears picked it up, and he more desperately wanted to say 'No' to her question, but he also didn't want to lie.

"Well, you're very dependable," Branch noted, tilting her head up by her chin. She only glanced at him before dropping her eyes again. "And I recall that you wouldn't listen to my reason when we had to rescue our friends from the Bergens."

Poppy smiled. "Well, yeah, but I let Bar-"

"Let me finish," Branch shushed her. "You believed in Bridget, you believed in Barb, you believe in everyone. You knew the tribes could reunite and you didn't stop till you achieved that, am I right?"

"Yes, but you were right there with me," replied Poppy, hugging her knees to her chest. 

"With you, but I didn't do what you did."

"Branch, you did more, you-you," Poppy's voice broke, recalling that moment when the guitar blast had hit Branch instead of her. "You sacrificed for me, when have I ever done that?" She groaned, letting her head rest on her knees, face-down. 

"Hey, you were saying you were gullible," Branch reminded her of her doubt. "Can't I play hero ever now and again?~" he teased.

"Look how the tables have turned, who's joking now?" Poppy giggled. 

"Yeah," Branch agreed, poking her nose.

"...

"...Do you know what I felt though, when you took the shot?" Poppy asked, rubbing her hands together without making eye contact. "The feeling of not knowing If I could turn you back? That was easily one the scariest moments in my life." Poppy frowned, unused to opening up about the negative things in life. She really only did it with Branch, but never about...his actions that day-

Hm?! 

Poppy felt Branch arm wrap around her shoulders, making her face flush bright pink. 

"Well, it's over now, think about this brightness of the future!" Branch encouraged. Slouching back, he nestled into the chair. 

"Like what, dates with you?" Poppy laughed, cuddling next to him. "Isn't that your department?"

"Y- wait what? Who said I have to plan all the dates? I mean not that I wouldn't- I mean- like, uh, you could do, but surprise- ummmm-"

Poppy put a finger over his mouth, bursting into a fit of giggles at his awkwardness. "I was joking!"

"I-I knew that," Branch nervously grinned, making Poppy laugh again. 

"I'm tired~" Poppy yawned, as did Branch. She closed her eyes eyes, allowing positive dreams to carry her into much-needed deep slumber.

A/N Ehhhh mostly cute feels ^^ IDK OK I REALLY WANTED TO-

Not original but cute so like ye- Miss writing Broppy >-< 

UH SORRY IF I DUMPED THE SONAMY DYNAMIC IN THIS IM JUST SO USED TO IT NOW-

Peace out!

Or-

Maybe-

Bonus 😉:

Branch yawned, being in an uncomfortable position...and not laying down? He opened his eyes to a pink mess- Poppy!

"WHA-" Branch bounced up in surprise, causing Poppy to yelp, falling on the floor. 

"Ow-" she rubbed her bum, having fallen hard. "What happened?" She questioned, stretching. Recalling last night, she remembered sleeping in thoughts of friends and family...

Then she realized why Branch was fidgeting around, not moving from where he stood. They'd unintentionally slept the entire night on the chair...whoOPS-

"Ehehe...Good morning?" Poppy chuckled, blushing. She looked away, smiling. "Thanks Branch, I needed that night," she smiled sincerely, one of the cutest smiles Branch had ever seen...and he wanted to melt. 

"N-no prob-blem heh," He stuttered. Poppy, paying no mind, bounced up full over energy, running to the elevator. 

"MORNING TROLLSSSSS!!" She hollered up, ready to start singing. "C'MON BRANCH!" her voice rang from already outside the bunker, accompanied by her rhythmic cowbell tapping.

Now that was Poppy, Branch's Poppy.

The End ^^

Peace out!💙

(Remember I'm taking prompts/requests now y'all :D)