Bunker Haven

A/N I can't update normally, this is really strange...sorry for not updating for a while

*KNOCKKNOCKKNOCKNOCKKNOCK* Branch's ears raised up at the noise from where he was painting. Someone was banging at his entrance frantically, and he had a good idea of who it was. He quickly ran to his elevator to the top and opened his trapdoor. Outside stood Poppy, messy and disheveled. Her fuchsia hair was limp and tangled, her eyes were wild and tired, and her usually smiling face was completely droopy.

"Whoa, what happened?" Branch asked, quickly ushering her inside. As soon as she stepped on the elevator, she crashed, snoring. Branch shook his head and smiled faintly. When they were all the way down, he picked her up and placed her down on his bed. He covered her with a blanket, and continued painting, waiting for her to wake up.

"Ugh, where's the bunker..." the pop queen muttered groggily, opening her eyes. She expected to be in the forest, but she was...in Branch's bunker? How did, when did she get here?

"Good Morning Queen Poppy," a voice said. She sat up and saw Branch approaching her. 

"Hey Branch," she said, rubbing her eyes. "Uhh, what happened?" She asked.

"Don't you think I should be the one asking that?" Branch asked, sitting next to her.

"What do you mean? I was running here because the trolls were all mad at each other! The reggaeton trolls and the K-pop girls were fighting again, Barb and Trollzart were bickering, the kids wanted story timMM!" Poppy was shushed by Branch's finger over her mouth.

"Okay okay, I get it," he said. Poppy was getting pressured by the trolls' squabbles. "I'm sure you can rest in here, and I'll see what I can do," Branch assured her. She wrapped her arms around him happily. 

"Thank you SO MUCH Branch," she whispered. He hugged her back.

"Okay, well, make yourself at home it guess?" Branch asked, getting off. Poppy also hopped off the bed and smoothed out the blanket. He just hoped she wouldn't snoop around. Normally he wouldn't trust anyone alone in his bunker, but this was Poppy, a tired Poppy. She couldn't be trouble, right?

As soon as Branch left, Poppy wandered around the bunker, wondering what Branch had in here. She'd been here a couple of times, but Branch never really let her too far into it. She walked past a pail of water, and backtracked to it. She stared at her messy reflection.

"Gosh, I really need to clean up," she said, pulling a hairbrush out of her hair. She undid her ponytail and brushed it straight, and tied it up. She washed her face too. "There, much better,"

She walked down a hallway lined with organized cleaning supplies. She turned around realizing there was nothing to do down there.

"Ugh.....where am I going?" She asked herself. "And now I'm talking to myself," she realized. "Huh?" There were some yellow curtains hiding a small slot back in the main part. "How have I never seen this?" She asked. She pushed aside the curtains...and her eyes widened.

In the village...

Branch's ears turned to the direction of the angry chatter. Many trolls could be heard yelling at each other. "Whoa whoa whoa, what's going on here?" he asked, racing into the mess. Nobody paid any mind to him.

"You hard rock trolls can be heard from our orchestra!" Trollzart yelled at Queen Barb. She rolled her eyes. 

"You've said that fifty times already," she groaned. 

"I make it my point! When our music is soft and gentle, I hear your loud music in interruptence!" Trollzart countered.

"Whatever, your music needs some 'kick-me-up'!" Barb argued. "It's so.....classic!"