I'm Not Sick!

A/N Request from Sandrastar1 ^^

"Great singing today everyone! The harmonies were perfect!" Poppy called compliments to everyone, right after a song that morning. She was about to call another one when she felt a tingle in her nose.

"A-ACHOO!!" she sneezed, covering it and hoping hardly anyone heard. Poppy shrugged, must've been a random one. She'd forgotten about Branch, whom she'd ended the song with, was literally right behind her. He shrugged it off though as well. "Let's see, what's on the to-do list today..."

"Pretty sure you were supposed to meet up with Barb today about...Girl Group?" Branch trailed a reminder. Poppy snapped her fingers.

"Right! I was supposed to meet up with Barb and Carol today!" Poppy exclaimed, as if she hadn't heard Branch.

"You're welcome," Branch mumbled, slightly chuckling.

"I have to- ACHOOO!!" Poppy sneezed, interrupting herself. Branch grabbed her shoulders from behind as Poppy sniffed, rubbing her nose. She quickly wriggled from Branch's grip though, striking a confident pose. "Another stray sneeze!" She decided. Branch rolled his eyes at her antics, but he was a little concerned...

"Okay! I have to go Branch!" Poppy exclaimed stubbornly, ignoring her tingling nose.

"No, you don't, you still have like half a hug-time hour," Branch said to stall, because he wanted to make sure she was gonna weaken herself if she had a cough or something.

"It's always better to be early than late though, right?" Poppy put her hands on her hips, knowing the answer.

"Yeah but-"

"ACHOO!!!"

"Better to be healthy than sick, right?" Branch mimicked Poppy's tone and pose, smirking.

"I honestly don't think I'm sick..." Poppy trailed. Branch put a hand to her forehead, and it was definitely warm.

"Well, I think you are," he stubbornly crossed his arms.

"I don't!"

"I do."

"Fine, just check my temperature, will that satisfy you?" Poppy shrugged with her hands up.

"'Course it will," Branch replied, waving a hand as he headed toward his bunker. "Let's go."

******************

Poppy slouched in Branch's bed, feeling herself weaker. She impatiently waited for Branch to return. He came around the corner and handed her a thermometer. She stuck it in her mouth and they waited for it to finish it's reading.

Branch took it out, a triumphant look on his face. "Yup, you have a fever."

Poppy blinked and groaned, hiding under the covers. "Why meeeeeeeee??"

"Oh come on, it's not that bad," Branch patted her hand under the blanket. "Besides," he pulled down the blanket so her face was exposed, "You get to hang out with me~"

"Aw Branch..." Poppy murmured and turned away, pressing a palm into her blushing cheek. "But I don't wanna stay in bed the whole time!" Branch thought about it, considering what she could do with resting. 

"Feel like scrapbooking?" He asked her. Poppy's face lit up.

"Haha, you really know me," she beamed. "Of course!"

"Can you walk to your home?" Branch questioned, and Poppy hesitated.

"Umm, maybe?" Poppy moved her feet toward the ground, and stood up. "Yeah I can walk...but...can I have a piggy-back ride?" She twiddled her fingers, glancing around.

"Um sure, of course!" Branch tried to ignore the internal feeling of lava on his face. "Uhh, hop on?"

"Yay!!" Poppy quite literally bounced onto his back, and buried her face into his shoulder. "Soft...vest..." she mumbled.

******************

"We're here Poppy, you can get off now," Branch called behind him. But no response. "Poppy?"

A light snore replied his query. 

Branch chuckled to himself, not wanting to disturb finally-sleeping Poppy.

******************

Blink

"Huh?......" Poppy blinked her eyes, rubbing her left one. "Where am I..."

"Oh, you're awake!" Branch waved, sitting on the grass nearby. "Feeling better?"

"I think, but where are we?" Poppy brushed her hair aside.

"Thought the fresh air would feel nice, if you weren't so warm anymore," Branch shrugged, gazing into the village.

"Awwww, thanks Branch," Poppy put a hand to her chest, grinning. "It's a really pretty view."

"Just like a certain someone I know~" Branch smirked at Poppy. Heat creeped upon her glittery cheeks.

Branch clasped her hand and asked, "Now do you admit you're sick?" He glanced at her sideways.

Poppy smirked. "Sure, if you mean lovesick!"  She burst into giggles.

"That's the only "good" sickness," Poppy remarked.

"Then I'm sick too."

"That's cheesy," Poppy teased. "...Just kidding." She hugged him, and yawned, resting her head on his shoulder.

A/N IK THIS IS OUT OF CHARACTER LEAVE ME ALONESJSJSDDSFHS

I wasn't gonna make this a Broppy Day oneshot but ehhhh dates lined up

Main thing for Broppy day is my ✨art✨ 

I PROMISE I'LL WRITE A ONESHOT WITH A CAPTIVATING PLOT SOMEDAY I JUST NEED BROPPY FLUFFFFFFFF TO FUEL MEEEEEEEE

Peace out!💙💖