Father's Day Dilemma

This was requested by @Breasia707-, sorry it's so short and late:(

"Happy Father's Day Popsqueak!" Barb burst into Poppy's pod.

"AAAHHH!" she yelped, jolting upright in bed. "Barb?! What are you doing, it's the middle of the night!"

"Pfffff, sleeping is for lazyheads," Barb said.

"It's for sensible people," Poppy argued. (*cough*Mia @BabyBranchie*cough*)

"Whatever, tomorrow-today is Father's Day!" Barb yelled.

"SSHHHH!!" Poppy hushed her. "Everyone's asleep, if you haven't noticed."

"Yeah, yeah, but I need an idea for Dad!" Barb whisper-yelled.

"Why don't you just give him a new keyboard?" Poppy smirked, hopping out of bed.

"No! It's gotta be original, he was a major influence in changing my mind about turning you all into rock zombies," Barb blushed sheepishly.

"It's all good, I get it," Poppy reassured her, brushing her hair into a ponytail.

"So you gonna help me Popcorn?" Barb asked impatiently.

"Sure, I mean, we can do our gifts together!" Poppy smiled, dropping on her tiara. "No use in starting a song now," she muttered to herself. She pulled out her scrapbooking box. "I always make a scrapbook, wanna try?"

"Okay," Barb replied, taking a pair of scissors.

An hour later...

"Ta-da!" Poppy exclaimed, holding up her scrapbook. As usual, it was great.

"Um..." Barb glued on her last piece of felt and looked at it. It was a good attempt, but she didn't feel it was good enough.

"That's great Barb!" Poppy grinned.

"Yeah, but it's a copy of yours," Barb sighed. "Let's try something else."

"Oh, okay. Um...how about baking something?" Poppy suggested.

"Yeah!" Barb said, lighting up.

"Let's go visit Branch, he's got a whole load of materials, believe it or not."

At Branch's bunker...

Branch was sleeping in his bed, snoring lightly.

"WAKE UP BLUE BOY!!!!" Barb yelled at the top of her lungs.

"AAAH WHAT THE WHAT?!!!" Branch shrieked, practically bouncing half a foot high.

"Barb! I said we didn't have to scare him! What is with you and waking people up?" Poppy exclaimed, shaking her head.

"Poppy? Barb? What are you guys doing here?" Branch asked, thoroughly confused.

"We just wanted to ask you if we could use your kitchen and ingredients to bake a pie for King Thrash," Poppy explained.

"Uh ok. Sure," Branch said, still a bit dazed.

"Okay thanks Branch!" Barb yelled running off.

"The kitchen's that way," Branch pointed in the opposite direction.

"I knew that," Barb said, dashing back.

"Thanks Branch," Poppy said giving him a quick hug before chasing after Barb. Branch hopped out of bed to freshen up.

In the kitchen...

"Okay, it's 5 AM, we have 4 hours to make a pie in time to surprise Dad," Barb said.

"Let's get baking!" Poppy exclaimed, tying her hair in a loose bun.

Barb found a cookbook and opened it to a page on apple pie. "We can substitute apples with peaches, that's Dad's favorite fruit."

"Okay," Poppy replied, getting ingredients.

2 hours later...

"The last glaze...and DONE!" Barb exclaimed.

"Hey girls, are you guys do..." Branch walked in.

"Yeah!" Poppy smiled. Branch stared at the pie, it looked pretty good, but the top was black.

"Umm...Is the black part intentional?" he asked.

"Uh, no, but it's good right?" Barb said hopefully.

"Yeah, pretty much."

"But it has to be more special," Barb frowned. "I'm sorry guys, but I don't have the perfect gift, and its already 7. I guess I'll just...rock out," she pouted, weakly doing the rock sign.

"That's it!" Poppy snapped her fingers. "Write him a piece of muisc! You're great at that!"

"That's brilliant!" Barb said lighting up. "Thankyouthankyouthankyou!" she raced out of the room.

"Smart queen," Branch smirked at Poppy. She smirked back and grabbed his hand, and they followed their friend.

At Thrash's place...

The sound of an electric guitar drove King Thrash out of his home outside.

"Barbara?"

"Happy Father's Day Dad!" Barb yelled, playing her guitar. She did a crazy solo for him, ending with her on her knees.

Thrash reached for Barb and she hugged him tightly. Branch and Poppy watched from a few feet away. Poppy ran over and handed Barb the pie.

"Just an extra," she winked at her. Poppy ran back over to Branch and pulled out her scrapbook and a picture. "This is for my dad," she smiled.

Branch peered at the picture: a picture of him, Poppy, Barb, and Peppy after the big world tour.

"Come on, let's go, I can't wait to give it him!" Poppy exclaimed dragging Branch by his hand.

A/N Here it is, off the top of my head! Hope you liked @Breasia707-!