Barb vs. Branch

A/N If you've ever heard of Tangled the Series/Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure, I took some ideas from "Cassandra vs Eugene" Credit to Disney Channel.

It started out a peaceful day in Trollstopia. Queen Poppy was scrapbooking a book about her week. She was about to make the final cut...

"BARB!!!" someone yelled.

Poppy's scissors cut the wrong way, ruining the shape she'd been cutting. She sighed, knowing  that voice all too well. And he yelled Barb's name so that probably meant they were fighting, again.

"To be fair, you never said I couldn't eat them," Barb fired back.

Poppy walked around the pods to find Branch and Barb both pulling on a half-eaten tray of cupcakes Poppy had made for Branch. She cracked a smile, happy that Branch liked the cupcakes she made for him. But she quickly dropped it, knowing she had to settle this.

"Hey guys!" She said brightly. "What happened here?"

Both of them completely ignored her, and continued to argue. Poppy rolled her eyes and walked up to them.

"BARB! BRANCH!" She yelled.

"What?!" they both snapped, turning to her. Branch's expression softened, and his blue eyes landed on her. Poppy blushed, staring into his beautiful eyes.

"Hi Popps," he said, a hint of sourness still in his voice.

"Yeah, hi Popsqueak," Barb responded, her expression frustrated.

"So, what happened?" Poppy asked. She had an idea of what had happened, but she wanted them to tell her.

"Barb stole th-" Branch began.

"I didn't steal, I ate it! I put it back when I was done," she said in defense. She pointed to 6 cupcake wrappers on the tray.

Branch glared daggers at her, and she just grinned innocently.

"That's okay Branch, I'll always make more if you like them," Poppy said, hoping to ease his anger. "And Barb? Maybe ask before you take, or ask me if you want cupcakes too," she said to her best friend. "I don't like it when you guys argue," she stated.

"Okay, we'll try not argue," Branch said.

"But arguing and annoying you is fun!" Barb whined.

"What do you mean?!" Branch yelled back at her.

Poppy facepalmed as the two continued to argue. She wasn't getting anywhere with them. She went back to her scrapbooking area to brainstorm how to bond them.

"I've got it!"

The next day...

Branch yawned, sitting up in his bed. He rubbed his eyes and looked down. There was a small felt note on his bed. He quickly read it:

Dear Branch,

Will you come to Poppy's pod so I can apologize?

-Barb

Branch stared confused. 'Barb wants to apologize?' he thought to himself, 'And since when does she call me by my name?" He decided to go anyway.

Branch walked into Poppy's pod, and looked for Barb, but didn't see her.

"You finally made it!" a voice from the shadows said. Barb emerged from the corner, holding a note identical to his.

"Why did you pick Poppy's pod to apologize?" Branch asked her.

"Me? Apologize? Never!" Barb retorted. "You sent me a note that said you were gonna apologize," she said.

"I didn't send you a note," Branch furrowed his eyebrows.