Chapter 22 || Let me go

Short chapter, but vote and comment if you liked!

Chapter 22 || Let me go

"You know I never meant to hurt you, Sarah." Noah said as we drove down the road, nearing my house.

I snorted.

He sighed.

After a couple moments of silence Noah spoke again, "If there is anything I want you to know, it's that I love you. Just remember that."

I snorted.

He sighed.

"Sarah..."

"What?" I asked, with a bite to my voice.

"Please, would you just listen to me?"

"Why?"

"Because I love you."

“No you don’t.”

“You have no idea of the love I have for you, Sarah.” Noah said, letting out a sigh of frustration.

"But that's the things, Noah! You don't love me, you never have, and I don't think you will ever be capable of it! You just need to get over this, okay! I am never going to love you, I’m not your other half, and honestly, even if you did love me, I don't think I would be able to reciprocate it. Because this relationship we have, it just isn't healthy, nothing about it is healthy, you can't build any sort of love off of a foundation like ours. It just isn't possible." I finished my rant off with a huff air escaping my lungs.

He wasn't in love with me, sure there was some strange unworldly attraction going on between us. But attraction doesn’t equal love.  Because love is not built on attractions.

Being attracted to someone is a start to loving them.

Loving someone was trust, it was faithfulness, it was believing in them, it was fighting through the hard times, even when you don't feel like it.

What we had was and is not love.

“You’re wrong,” Noah replied.

"Would you just, stop? This isn't meant to be, you know that. I know that. There have been red flags every step of the way, I have noticed them, you have noticed them, I just don't think you have accepted them." I said, crossing my arms over my chest, glaring out the front window.

"Shut up! Just shut the hell up!" Noah growled, bringing the truck harshly to the side of the road.

Noah ran his hand through his hair roughly, bringing them down to cover his face in a frustrating manner.

"Noah-" I said in an exasperated tone, “-You just, you just have to let me go, okay?”

His eyes shot me with a glare, "Thats the thing, Sarah! I can't, okay! It is physically impossible for me too. Sure, for you it might be easy to do it, but that's just you. You're human, you can get over these things. I can't!"

I gulped a bit, edging closer to the door.

"You are freaking ingrained into my soul,  by the moongoddess. My grandmother of all people. Did you know I have goddess blood in me? You know how that affects the bond? You know how hard it's for me to stay away from you right now? You know how painful it is going to be for me to let you get out of this truck, walk into your house, and away from me? Do you know how hard it's going to be for me not follow you? But it doesn't matter, because according to you ‘this isn’t love’” he said putting his hands his hands up to make quotation marks.

"Because love is trust, love is faith, love is hope. Let me tell you Sarah, my love may not be what you think of as love, but it is love never the less. I don't appreciate you discounting it, and I don't appreciate you telling me to let you go, because there is no doubt that I will never let you go. In the day I will be reminded of you in everything that I do, and in the nights i will be haunted by your face in my dreams. You want me to let you go? Well it isn't going to happen." He finished off. Staring at me hard.

Then he turned the truck back onto the gravel road and drove down the gravel, up and down the two hills that came before my house, down my drive, and parked in front of my home.

"You want me to let you go home, well there you have it, you're home. You want me to let you go, that's the last thing I will do, because when I love somebody, it's forever, and I love you."

|| AUTHORS NOTE ||

So here it is, the 22 chapter of AAB, I can't even I made it this far XD Just wanted to thank you guys cuase I wouldn't have been able to make it without you <3 Sooooo anyways, sorry about the short chapter, just wanted to get an update out if ya know what I mean...

So yeah, vote and comment if you liked this chapter! Also follow me on Instagrman and Twitter! I follow everyone back ;)

Instagram: @annabezoo

Twitter: @AnnaBezoo

Goals

Votes: 300

Commnets: 100

God bless,

Anna.

P.S. I am thinking of self-publishing the edited version of this book once it's finished... what do you think? Yay of nay?