Chapter 18 || The Gods above

Vote and comment if you liked this chapter!

Chapter 18 || The Gods above

We were all sitting around one big ole table.

They had actually convinced Noah to sit down and talk. Although I think he just got tired of their begging. Honestly this was just a little bit strange, because I felt like it should be me and Noah begging, since technically we were the hostages. But it seemed to be the other way around.

Well like, they weren't hostages. But it almost seemed as if Noah had the upper hand here.

"We've been doing our research, it seems your grandfather has quite the lineage." Tristan said, while pointing towards the name 'Lycaon' on the sheet that now occupied the table space. Off of that sprung lines that connected to other people and places, years. A lot of it was in Latin, I think.

But how was I supposed to know, I mean, I only took french in highschool, and I barely passed that. So don't take my word for it when I say it is Latin.

"He was the King of Arcadia, which, ironically is a kingdome of wooded land, mostly inhabited by animals. It wasn't exactly a lavish kingdome, but it was full of power and dictatorship back in the day. Lycaon was one of the many that believed in natural selection. Only the strongest survived in that kingdome." Treesa said, expanding on Tristans words.

"Yeah, you wouldn't have lasted a day, Noah," Tanner said, rolling his eyes.

Noah glanced over at Tanner and raised an eyebrow. But tanner had already gone back to playing with his dagger.

"Arcadia? Lycaon was a king?"

"Oh god, would just let us explain without interrupting, bitch?" Tanner snidely said from across the table.

Noah let out a growl.

"Tanner, what'd I say about pissing him off?" Tristan said reprimanding his brother.

I punched Noah in the shoulder, "Whoa tiger, no need to go all wolfy on us. So not called for. Now is someone going to answer my question? Please?" I said, sending a glare towards Tanner, who was now playing with his dagger once again.

Noah glanced over at me, "Sarah, we're thinking gods and goddesses, the celestial world." Noah said. He looked back at Tristan, "can you just get on with this? I have a lot to get done, I don't have time for your petty problems."

"These aren't exactly petty problems, Noah." Tristan replied.

"Well why don't you get on with the fucking thing so we can actually start doing something about it?" Noah growled.

Great, the big bad wolf is angry. Again.

"Look, you know how Lycaon sacrificed a child and tried to serve it to Zeus as a cooked meal, to see if he was really omniscient? And then he turned Lycaon into a werewolf and damned him to the earth?" Tristan asked.

"Of course I know my own damn history, hunter." Noah growled out.

Whoah, whoah, whoah wait. Lycaon sacrifice a child? And I'm sitting next to his grandson.

I shifted slightly away from Noah.

"Yeah, well there is a couple, very vital details that you are missing out on here. You know Zeus had twins? Artemis and Apollo. Lycaon disgraced Artemis, he wasn't very discreet when it came to that of her purity. Artemis was one of the three goddesses who swore to stay a virgin, never to marry, never to bare children. She was in love with Lycaon. She bore his child, Aischylos. Your dad, though he change his name, who would want a name that meant shame?"