Chapter 39 || Glass

Chapter 39 || Glass

"Now! Ladies and gents, how about we get straight to it!" Lycaon said enthusiastically. 

Noah's jaw had hardened, "With what?"

Lycaon looked at us both, "Why, with your punishment of course." 

I gulped. "You see I take it very personally when family betrays. I mean I already had a word with your Dad. He wasn't in agreeance either. I say it was fun diminishing him. But this... this one, this punishment is going to be the best. It will be remembered." He let out a dry chuckle. 

Noah's eyes were stills staring into mine. He wasn't even looking at Lycaon. I didn't know how he could attain that type of concentration. To look at me instead of the man about to explain probably the most terrifying information ever. 

"Oh!-" Lycaon said in a cheery tone. "-This is going to be so much fun." 

Finally Noah spoke, "And why is that?"

"Because," Lycaon said as he slowly started walking, finding a standing position behind my chair, placing each oh his hands on my shoulders. He squeezed them slightly and I could feel the tips of his nails dig into my skin. "She'll be the first killed in this cleansing, and don't worry, as I said earlier. I will make it memorable."

|><|

A scream tore through my throat as Lycaon took my hand and snapped it back, breaking the bone. The pain from my wrist spread through my entire arm sending me into a pain filled haze.

At this point tears that had previously running down my face were now drying. I had cried all the tears I had already. There were none left to trickle down my cheeks. Now all that existed in the form of showing my pain was the screams that ripped past my throat.    

If you couldn't already tell this had been going on for a while now.

I remember watching criminal minds this past summer. You witnessed the pain of victims, it was the kind of pain you never thought you yourself would endure.  I wanted to laugh, because the pain I was feeling now was something you could see on criminal minds. It was the pain I never thought I would feel.

I gulped through my parched mouth, waiting for the next onslaught of pain. I felt as if I could barely even lift up my head. That if suddenly I was given the chance to run away I would just collapse onto the cold floor.             

If I were to lift my head I think I would succumb to eternal defeat. If I were to look into Noah's eyes at this moment in time it would just get worse.

A jolt of pain ricocheted through my left cheek as Lycaons hand came across it. I gasped in a big gulp of air, but no tears left my tear ducks. 

"Having fun, Noah?" Lycaon sneered at him.

Noah didn't say anything. I was looking down at the floor. I noticed Lycaons feet move across the floor, away from me.

"What would you suggest I do next, Noah?" He asked. "I could always stab a knife into her gut, let her bleed out painfully. Although breaking some more bones could fun. Ah, there is such an assortment of amusing tricks up my sleeve." He let out a snide chuckle, once it died down he continued, "So which shall it be, Noah?"

Noah didn't say anything.

A growl emitted from Lycaon, "Which shall it be, boy."

Noah remained quiet.

"Well I guess you're leaving it up to me. I have to say that probably was not the wisest choice." I heard Lycaon's feet travel across the room. Then before I knew it I felt the cold touch of metal on my neck.