Chapter 5 || Rodents

Please vote and comment if you like my story!!!

The Chapter 5 || Rodents

Four hours. That is how freaking long we have been driving, my butt is really hurting, like a lot. Everyone in this whole entire nation knows what it's like, because everyone has had to ride in a vehicle for a long period of time. But seriously! My ass was freaking killing me, like the monstrosities of it's sourness was out of this world.

Maybe I should stop talking about my butt...

Yeah I think that's a good idea.

Well Treesa is cool.

Treesa being the girl that picked me up on the side of the road.

Haha, I got picked up by a pickup truck.

Yeah well i thought I would let you all know that she is cool. I don't even know why. Gosh why do I always need reason for everything? This is my book for goodness sakes I shouldn't have to start making excuses for my behaviour.

Anyways, I thought I should start this chapter off with us actually getting somewhere, like an actual town, and not fill it up with trivial conversation.

But then again I did fill up the first part of this chapter with two hundred words with nothing but thoughts from my head, is that boring? Oh well, like I said before; this is my book, I get to do what I want.

Wow that sounded conceited. Sorry.

You catch the Canadian coming out?

As I was saying before we were just coming up to a town, if you could even call it that, I would have to say it was a village maybe, it was small.

We came up to a small diner, parking the truck we stepped and started walking towards the quent restaurant.

This was so cliche, I mean in almost every book there is a small diner that two individuals from the story go to. Man this was actually becoming a cliche story.

I hated myself for this.

We walked into the diner, going towards a table near the front window.

"Hey Treesa, is it possible if we sit in the back? I don't really like sitting by the window." I asked.

like I didn't want anyone recognize me, for all I knew there could be a whole slew of people connected to my kidnapping, I wasn't going to be dumb about this whole thing. I just needed to get home. Where I can contact the police. Or my brother in law. Whichever I got to first.

There was this kind of nagging at the back of my head saying that I shouldn't do either of those thing. But I wasn't going to let a measly feeling stop me from doing what was right. Who knows, maybe this dude is starting some type of brothel or something and is kidnapping random women from the market! There could be some serious business going on here.

No, a little nagging feeling at the back of my head was not going to stop me from doing something that was right. Like I said before, their just feelings, nothing too major.

"Sure, no biggy," Treesa said as she changed her course of action and started walking toward the back of the restaurant.

When we were seated a teenage boy with an acne face and gum smacking came up to our table. He looked like he was high, and I could smell the stench of BO radiating off of him.

Can I be the first to say ewww.

If no one caught that, it was Hilary Banks quote from Fresh Prince of Bel-Aire. Awesome show really, go check it out.

Dropping the menus down with a smack the boy then proceeded to ask if there was something that we wanted to drink,, I ordered a chocolate milk, whereas Treesa ordered a Pepsi.

He then turned around and slowly walked back towards the kitchen.

I looked over at Treesa with a disgusted look on my face "I am beginning to think that the food here may not be reaching food safety regulations, I mean just look around." I said, looking towards the kitchen just as a mouse, or rat, or whatever skitter across the floor.

May I be the first to say ewww.

Gosh I love Hilary Banks.

Apparently Treesa saw the rodent too "I think i have to agree with you Sarah," Treesa said.

Looking down at the menu, I realized that i didn't have any cash on me, well shit. What the freak was I supposed to do now? Treesa was already getting me out of this situation, I couldn't ask her to pay for this. It just wasn't right. Not at all.

Apparently she noticed my freaked out expression on my face because said "Look Sarah, it's no big deal, as long as you're not some sort of felon then I'll pay for your bill. I know what it's like to be in your situation, trust me." She gave me a look. I knew that she wasn't lying, she knows what it's like.

I wasn't given anything else on her situation, but I knew just by the way that she said it, the tone that she used, the look in her eyes, I believed that her situation must have been pretty bad.

We ordered after that, not really talking, everything was calm, we sat there, eating our overly greasy burgers. When we were just finishing up I heard the jingle of the door opening.

Yes the diner door had a bell on it, it was way too cliche. When I saw the person that came in I knew that I was in trouble, I knew him, and I had to get away. Looking over at Treesa I motioned for her to get up.

I mouthed to her that we had to go.

Thankfully the guy hadn't noticed us yet. I could only praise God for that one. I quickly got out of my seat as quetly as possible, walking back towards the kitchen door. I had no choice but to go through there. I saw Treesa drop a twenty on the table and she was right after me, as soon as I opened the kitchen door the guys eyes flew towards me. That was when I booked it towards the truck.

"Hey! Come back here!" I heard the guy yell behind me. I didn't care. I had to go.

Running as fast as a gazelle, or what I would like to think is as fast as a gazelle, I ran through the kitchen towards the back door, hearing the kitchen help yelling at me for going in there. I made it out of the diner and ran to the truck as fast as my legs could carry me.

Treesa and I jumped into our seats simotamulsy. Locking the doors we skid out of the parking lot. and made out escape down the road.

I would have loved to tell you that is how it ended, that me and Treesa got away with not trouble, as easy as just driving away.

There was just one simple problem.

We were running out of gas, and the dude was trailing us.

So we had a couple simple choices. We could either stop and get gas, and let the guy get us no problem, or we could try and lose him.

Or there was the last choice, leave me there for him to get.

I knew that this was the choice that we would have to make, I knew that I couldn't let Treesa get mixed up in this. All I could do was get her to contact my family, and the police, and hope that someone found me.

And that is how I ended up jumping out of the truck onto the sidewalk as Treesa drove away.

There is only so much a person can do for a person they believed to be a drifter, after all.

|| AUTHORS NOTE ||

So what did ya think? Sorry this was kind of a boring chapter, but there will be better ones coming! LIke the very next chapter.

So yeah, thanks for reading! Vote and comment if you like, it's greatly appreciated.

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram!
Instagram: @annabezoo
Twitter: @AnnaBezoo

God Bless,

Anna.