Chapter 26 || It was worth it

Vote and comment if you liked this chapter!

Chapter 26 || It was worth it

I woke up the next morning feeling like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I was still tired, but I felt energized and a little more alive than I did yesterday.

Sitting up I scanned the room and Noah wasn't there, but as I woke up a little more my senses started to kick in and I heard a commotion in the kitchen. Yawning, I got up and walked to the kitchen, investigating the sound.

Standing in the doorway I watched as Noah struggled to break an egg open while holding his cell to his ear, his shoulder holding it in place. The scene was pretty funny and was almost as great as seeing Channing Tatum shirtless, like I said, almost. Because, girls, lets face it. Nothing is better than Channing Tatum shirtless.

"Yeah, yeah, okay. I'll be up there as soon as possible."

The egg splattered into the pan, eggshell getting in while a few curse words flew from Noah's mouth.

"No, I didn't call you that, now can I just call you back later Garrett? I'm kind of busy at the moment. Yeah, okay, thanks." Letting out a sigh he set the phone down on the counter and proceeded to fish eggshell out of the hot pan on the stove.

"Wow, so... agile." I said as I walked in, sitting at the kitchen table.

He let out a chuckle, "things got a little more hectic than I first expected them to."

"So is this all part of your redemption plan?" I asked.

"Well, it was supposed to be, but now that I've already failed at making a very simple breakfast I don't think that's working out very well." he said, staring at the mess on the counter.

"Yeah, honestly I think you've made it worse," I said jokingly, "I mean you got my stove and counters all dirty, and I'm pretty sure you burnt that egg on there pretty well." I craned my neck to get a look at the pan, "did you even put oil or butter in there?" I sat back in my seat as a nervous look entere Noah's eye.

"No... Was I supposed?"

"Someone clearly is not used to cooking." I said, letting a laugh escape my throat.

"You know what? Why don't you go shower and get dressed, I mean you're looking better. I'll clean up this mess and then we can go out for breakfast." He walked toward me, pulling me out of my seat and leading me toward the door.

"Go get ready," he said giving me a light slap on my butt.

"You seem to keep on messing up this 'redemption' thing, Noah! Seems you don't understand the word respect!" I yelled at him as I walked out down the hall and towards my bedroom.

"It was worth it!" I heard him yell back at me.

I rolled my eyes.

|><|

After I was done getting ready i walked out and found Noah cleaning up the living room.

"I approve of this image. How long are you going to be my maid anyways?" I asked, grabbing my coat off of the coat rack and swinging my purse over my shoulder.

"Hopefully not long."

"What? Is serving little ole me crushing your ego?" I asked mockingly giving him my puppy dog eyes.

"Just slightly."

"Glad to hear it." I said with a smile, "Get your coat doofus, I need food."

A few moments later we were heading out the front door, heading down the apartment stairs and climbing into Noah's truck. I was driving this time though, I wasn't going to let him kidnap me or anything again. Although, I was pretty sure if he had wanted to do that he could have done it at the mall, or last night, or this morning. So I was pretty sure I was safe.

"Where are we going for breakfast?" Noah asked.

"Tim Hortons, I actually have to get back in about an hour so we better hurry this up." I said, pulling the truck out of the apartments parking lot.

"Okay." he said.

It only took about five minutes to get to the Tim Hortons closest to my house. There were a lot of Tim Hortons here. It's Canada, what do you expect?

I pulled up to the front of the restaurant and jumped out, not waiting for Noah and walked into the cafe. I went up to the counter and ordered, Noah came up behind me and ordered his meal. The tired teenaged boy on the other side of the counter turned around as started to prepare our meal while me and Noah waited for our food.

"That dude was a creep," Noah mumbled under his breath as he stood close beside me.

"Why?" I looked up at him.

"He was checking you out."

I rolled my eyes, "no he wasn't, Noah, stop getting jealous, it's not becoming on you." I said sarcastically.

His jaw clenched, "I am jealous, and he was checking you out."

"I think you're overreacting a bit there."

"No I'm not."

"Whatever you say, big guy."

Our orders came and I paid special attention to the way the guy was looking at me. And like I had previously recorded, he wasn't checking me out. Guess Noah liked to jump to conclusions.

Walking over to a table in the corner me and Noah set out stuff out in front of us and quietly began to eat our meal.

Noah kept on looking out the window, as if he was looking for someone. I tried to follow his gaze but nobody was there.

"What'cha looking for? Dumbo? i would suggest looking in the sky , you might have a better chance of spotting him." I said, giving Noah a smile.

He looked back at me and smiled, "Sorry."

But his eyes kept on scanning the area, as if he was expecting someone to jump out and attack.

It was a good thing he did though, because a couple moments later that's exactly what happened.

|| AUTHORS NOTE ||

Oh yeah! 2 updates within four days! Isn't this great guys? Man I'm on a roll :D Be sure to check out my short story "April Fool and the Big Bad Alpha"! It's in my profile!

Vote and comment if you liked this chapter!

Follow me on Instagram and twitter, I follow everyone back! @AnnaBezoo

Goals

Votes: 350

Comments: 100

God Bless,

Anna.

P.S. I know it's coming to the end of school for a lot of people, how much do you guys have left? I still have two months... :/

P.P.S i would like to thank @ok_umm for all her comments! I really appreciate ur excitement :D

P.P.P.S someones birthday was yesterday, and she told me but i couldn't find her username, so happy belated birthday! Hope you had an amazing day :)