Chapter 24: Wrecked Decison

INDIE'S POV

Indie had been released after all of the heavy questions the Cardinal had asked her and she has finally granted herself a break after all of the work. She wanted to leave to the Infirmary to go check on Reaper first, but the spot on the bed was now empty.

'What happened to him?! One second I leave his corpse and then he's disappeared?! Does God truly exist?'

Indie knew that his henchmen left with Reaper, and Indie started to choke on her breath. Her eyes looked up towards the setting sun. 

The day was already going to over and all of the begging that happened yesterday night was now useless.

Indie slapped her forehead. What will happen to her now?! Is Reaper going to be dead or alive? Is Reaper going to even let her live? Questions filled her mind. She was doomed.

Before leaving the Cathedral, someone had asked Indie to go to the prayer room to finish one last prayer call of the day.

Indie rubbed her forehead and left for the prayer calling room. She remembered it was a huge room dedicated to prayer calls every morning to the evening until it was dusk and that Priests were supposed to lead the calls every day.

'It's not like I've done the prayers... man I don't even know how a fictional ritual is done in this world-!'

But she thought it would be worthwhile to give it a watch.

Thousands of devotees were in a massive dimly lit room and the entire scene looked picturesque. As she made her way, her eyes fell in front of only person who looked out of place in the entire ceremony.

Her eyes could only land on the person- and that person was also no doubt the person she had in mind.

Oh dear- how could her eyes miss this one detail!

Crimson red eyes, silver moon-line hair wearing a white-robed robe tied around him. A Halo rounded behind him, and Indie had sworn she had seen this familiar man before.

Reaper.

'Oh my f*cking god-! How did he get here so fast?! Was he supposed to be sick and almost a dying corpse?!'

Although there was a new get-up with the Chiseled nose and square jaw, unruly hair, charming face. He wasn't even wearing his mask.

She swore that she hadn't seen someone with a terrible sadistic personality and had a beautiful face. He had a halo behind him that probably outweighed the glamor of all the golds in the entire place.

'Well... I suppose he is one of the authors' favorite character.'

Indie looked at the demonstration in front of her:

"Sir-! What are you doing?! This isn't how you pray!" One of the prayers yelled at Reaper. Reaper looked at them with a straight cold-laced glare and said:

"...do you want me to lick God's feet then?" He boldly said with a loose annoyed smile tugging on his face. Well there is only one person in the entire world who could have the guts to do that.

If it weren't for his voice, Indie would have completely mistaken him for someone else. He would have looked unrecognizable if he didn't have that terrible personality- there were already a few swooners looking at him.

Eyes of suspicion were filled in the entire hall way, which were all directed towards Reaper. Indie didn't know what to do since none of this happened in the novel. But Indie had no intentions of helping him out.

She didn't care what happened to him anyway- as long as she, herself was alive, Indie wouldn't care at all.

I wonder if he noticed me... if he did... I'm practically doomed. Should I secretly leave this place before he notices me and incites his wrath..?'