Chapter 29: Undesirable Start

"Greetings your Holinesses and Eminences." A familiar voice and face were drawn from the cloak. It was impossible to not recognize him. The presence of a raven dark-haired man, with cat-like honey golden eyes and an aura of power, was surging behind him, how could she not realize?

Aven Maxwell. It was really him.

'What is A-Aven doing here?!' Indie was so shocked she couldn't hold it back.

Indie couldn't believe her eyes that she had to rub them to double-check her eyesight. Thank god the snow was falling on the tip of her eyelashes because it was a good excuse to recheck her eyesight because it was starting to look suspicious.

Her identity that she left with had become exposed.

She wondered how many things were going through his head as well right now. Did he feel like she had lied to him? Or never told him of her identity?!

'No calm down.' Indie kept her internal screaming to herself. She shouldn't do this in the vital moment of her life. Because a certain mind-reading Sage is here.

It has been a while since she has seen him, but he still hasn't changed with his godly looks, especially the halo behind him.

It didn't matter. Now they were both part of the Church's clutches. And she could have never missed Priest Hessen's eyes on her as if studying her when she was staring at Aven. This is bad.

"It has become the time to depart. Priest Hessen and Priestess Solstice, you two understand your roles, correct?" The Cardinal said eyeing Indie and Jason to which both of them nodded in unison.

Wait-! She still hasn't mentally prepared herself. Indie clenched her robes tightly and starting to have mixed feelings about this new mission. She didn't want to anywhere anymore. Why did she have to get wind up in all of this?!

"Priestess Solstice- is there a problem?" Priest Hessen asked as he spared a look at Indie, suspiciously. Indie barely got out her mental state and then racked up a smile at him and said:

"N-no, not at all."

He gave her another wary glance, as if incredulous of her response. She needed to divert his attention before he realized she was looking at Aven. This is bad. Bad. Bad. Bad.

"Y-your Eminence-" Indie called out to the Cardinal and then handed him a letter. "This letter is for my brother about my abrupt leave. Don't worry, I have not hinted towards anything that will give anything away."

"I will have to trust you, Priestess Solstice." The Cardinal took the letter and put it under his robe. "This matter is your responsibility."

A clear warning. Indie's smile twitched as she turned around to board the small brown wagon with the others.

"There are secret enchantments inside the wagon to ensure everyone's safety." The Cardinal said. "Before you reach Leiden, you will stop at one the Central Camp and continue, do you understand, Priest Hessen and Priestess Solstice? Everything is in your hands to turn the tides."

"Yes, your eminence."

Like this, they left the Capital, which was the heart of the Empire; and what awaited Indie was worse than hell, the city of Leidan. The place where the storyline of the book takes place.

***

***

"Leader- a piece of news came from the nearby scouting teams next to the Liven Streams to the South of the Empire, Leiden- a Camp is seen to protecting the trade routes."

A group of twenty-five dark hoods was seen standing on top of Watch Tower. Swords drawn around their waist and looks that kill.

A pair of Crimson eyes that looked like blood analyzed the message and then smirked. "Great. Send Bandit Troops to attack that Camp. We cannot let the Capital gain support of that Trade Route."